Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

under seat storage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for those of you who have the under seat storage (not the ones facing the front. . more for the passengers in the 2nd row) - does it get in the way of air flow from the AC being that it normally sits right in front of the vent? like do your 2nd row passengers complain about it too hot or something? I wanna get something for my little one to throw her randomness into without it being all over the floor but I also don't want it to get too hot from the lack of airflow.

Hello,

It's great to hear that you're considering an under-seat storage solution for your Tesla Model Y. Your concern about impeding airflow to the A/C is valid, as maintaining a comfortable temperature for all passengers is essential. Here's some information and a recommended product that could help address your concerns:

The under-seat storage bins you're considering are designed to offer convenience, but it's possible they could impact airflow to the A/C vents if they're positioned directly in front of them. While individual experiences may vary, it's always a good idea to keep an eye on temperature distribution, especially during hotter days.

To ensure that your little one's belongings stay organized without compromising A/C efficiency, consider the Backseat Center Organizer Container from Tesery. This organizer is thoughtfully designed to fit in the center console of your Model Y's second-row seats. Its compact yet spacious compartments can keep your child's items in place and easily accessible. Plus, it won't obstruct the A/C airflow as it's located higher up in the center console.

This organizer can help you keep things tidy and accessible without interfering with the overall comfort of your second-row passengers. It's a practical solution to maintain an organized interior while ensuring everyone's comfort during the ride.

To ensure that your little one's belongings stay organized without compromising A/C efficiency, consider the Backseat Center Organizer Container from Tesery. This organizer is thoughtfully designed to fit in the center console of your Model Y's second-row seats. Its compact yet spacious compartments can keep your child's items in place and easily accessible. Plus, it won't obstruct the A/C airflow as it's located higher up in the center console.

I either have this one or a similar brand and it has the additional advantage of being able to reach it from the front seat.

I use it to store a square Kleenex box. That means I don't have to worry about the kleenex getting wet from the melted snow on the floor, I don't have to worry about not being able to reach a Kleenex from the front seat, and best of all, I don't have to worry about a certain toddler spending the boring trip taking tissues out of a box kept in the Britax caddy between the two child car seats. (link below)

The bin tucks in under the console so doesn't get in the way of items being stored on the floor of the back seat (umbrella stroller, cooler, or folding wagon, for example.)

The seat caddy is where toys and snacks are kept, the floor one is for things I need access to, either for myself or to pass to the children. I have 3D floor mats to contain both melted snow and spilled drinks, and this little bin under the console fits fine even with the mat installed.

BTW, I move the seat caddy to the front passenger seat for long solo drives to keep drinks and extra snacks handy to me. I use charging stops for stretching and walking, and then eat while driving. The caddy is insulated so I can keep things a bit cooler in there than if they were just sitting in a container on the passenger seat. And since it is attached using the seat belt, it means that it stays put in fast turns or rapid breaking.

Hello,

It's great to hear that you're considering an under-seat storage solution for your Tesla Model Y. Your concern about impeding airflow to the A/C is valid, as maintaining a comfortable temperature for all passengers is essential. Here's some information and a recommended product that could help address your concerns:

The under-seat storage bins you're considering are designed to offer convenience, but it's possible they could impact airflow to the A/C vents if they're positioned directly in front of them. While individual experiences may vary, it's always a good idea to keep an eye on temperature distribution, especially during hotter days.

This organizer can help you keep things tidy and accessible without interfering with the overall comfort of your second-row passengers. It's a practical solution to maintain an organized interior while ensuring everyone's comfort during the ride.

yeah thought about using something like this too instead of the storage bins that slides under the passenger/driver seats. thanks!

also - your site needs to speed up more or something. the image load takes forever.

yeah thought about using something like this too instead of the storage bins that slides under the passenger/driver seats. thanks!

also - your site needs to speed up more or something. the image load takes forever.
Absolutely, considering storage solutions like that can be really helpful in keeping your Tesla organized and clutter-free!

Thank you for bringing up the speed of our website. We appreciate your feedback, and we're continuously working to enhance the user experience. Your input is valuable in helping us provide a smoother and more efficient browsing and shopping experience.

If you're interested, you can explore the storage boxes available on the Tesery website. They're designed to seamlessly integrate with your Tesla's interior while offering practical storage solutions. Plus, as we continue to optimize our website, you should see improvements in its speed.

If you have any more questions or suggestions, feel free to let us know. We're here to assist you!