Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vents Under Seats - What Are They For? (Additional questions inside!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a few questions in regards to the vents under the driver and passenger seat…

1. Does anyone know what they are for? Is it to blow out air? Or is it for the air return?

2. I tried turning on the air and heat and couldn’t feel anything coming out. Is that normal? Is there a specific setting to get them to work?

3. I was trying to install some vent covers and noticed the vents have some play to them and can slightly move around when pushing/pulling on them. Is that normal?

4. Has anyone ever take the seat off and gotten into the vent and documented it online via pics or a YouTube video? If so, can anyone share that information!

Thanks

The vents are for rear passengers. But if you don’t have any passengers there, they’re not very useful.

There are no return vents, recirculation just pulls in air next to the blower.

As for the play, I don’t thing they’re specifically mounted to anything secure, so it’s not surprising.

If you want to check, a good resource is Tesla’s own service website. Service.tesla.com and you can “purchase” a free basic subscription. One of the things it gives you access to is the electronic parts catalog (epc).