Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Universal Wall Connector and using Powershare in the future - communication wire question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a universal wall connector since it is sold as the only one at the moment that will support powershare. I watched a video where someone had it installed and they said there was a communication wire that ran to the wall connector to the gateway, I think. Does anyone know what wire this is since I am about to run my power wire to the wall connector and start using it but i'd like to run the communication wire with it if it is necessary to use the powershare function in the future. It will save a lot of time and money to run it now. I did a google search and an AI bot says it 22ga twisted pair shielded wire, but I want to verify this from someone who knows. I could not find an actually link anywhere to verify this info and sometimes the AI is incorrect. The directions I see with the unit only shows L1 L2 and Ground, no mention of a com wire that I can see.

Here is what I am thinking about ordering if this is true. I'm thinking about getting 4 conductor since it's only a few dollars more for a little insurance. https://www.amazon.com/Custom-Cable...c9a-8eff-15c805fd31c2&pd_rd_i=B071DFJR8P&th=1

Please help, plan to run this Saturday and need to order the right communication wire to run with it.
Thanks

The primary consideration on what kind of communication cable to use is whether you will be running the communication cable in the same conduit with the power. If you are, you must use a cable with an insulation rating of 600V. The cable you chose only mentions 300V, but it doesn't specifically specify insulation.