Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 22.16.1.2 And Cellphone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,
Received and downloaded the above update on Thursday 6/23 evening. This morning I could not make a call from my cell phone. The people that I was calling could not hear me, but I could hear them. I called three separate individuals and the same results. My iPhone shows that I'm connected via Bluetooth and the car shows that it is connected to my phone. Going to do a reboot Saturday. Anybody have this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Same here... Intermittent problems with phone (Samsung S20+). After rebooting the car it works fine, till next day, then it happens again. Had 3 reboots in 3 days... It started after 2022.16.2 update

Same here. iPhone 13 with latest iOS. Car is on 2022.16.2. I can hear others but they can’t hear me. “Forgot“ devices on the car & phone and re-paired with no luck. Rebooted both car & phone.
Couldn’t dictate a response to a txt msg either. Either Tesla has forgot to request access to the mic or the phone is preventing it. I suspect Tesla is the problem.

Reactions: Gy2020
Does anyone else here have the issue of the car’s mic no longer working for voice commands after trying to make a call (and inevitably having the microphone crap out for the call)? I find that if I get in the car and DON’T use the phone, I can use voice commands. But as soon as I try to make or take a call, voice commands are no longer understood.

Same here. iPhone 13 with latest iOS. Car is on 2022.16.2. I can hear others but they can’t hear me. “Forgot“ devices on the car & phone and re-paired with no luck. Rebooted both car & phone.
Couldn’t dictate a response to a txt msg either. Either Tesla has forgot to request access to the mic or the phone is preventing it. I suspect Tesla is the problem.
It is tesla, my wife phone and mine are having the same problem, but both phones work in her CRV. So, it's not the phone. This started about 19 days ago for me.

Problem started yesterday - iPhone is connected to Bluetooth and I can hear callers, but they can’t hear me, and also voice commands are not recognized by my 2021 Model Y - makes me believe it’s a mic connection issue with the car. App is up to date. Forgetting and reconnecting phone pairing by Bluetooth did not work. Reset of Model Y and reset of phone did not work. Phone mic works normally within other vehicle and for other device Bluetooth connections. Looking for more options to try - my Model Y is not sound insulated enough to rely on using speakerphone mode throughout calls.

Reactions: RNHurt
Problem started yesterday - iPhone is connected to Bluetooth and I can hear callers, but they can’t hear me, and also voice commands are not recognized by my 2021 Model Y - makes me believe it’s a mic connection issue with the car. App is up to date. Forgetting and reconnecting phone pairing by Bluetooth did not work. Reset of Model Y and reset of phone did not work. Phone mic works normally within other vehicle and for other device Bluetooth connections. Looking for more options to try - my Model Y is not sound insulated enough to rely on using speakerphone mode throughout calls.
It’s not a mic connection problem. We all can’t suddenly have a physical cable connection issue at the same time. It has to be a software bug in the latest updates. We’ll just have to wait for a fix in an upcoming update. Very annoying!

Reactions: RNHurt
It’s not a mic connection problem. We all can’t suddenly have a physical cable connection issue at the same time. It has to be a software bug in the latest updates. We’ll just have to wait for a fix in an upcoming update. Very annoying!
There’s an update trying to download right now but taking far longer than usual - maybe it will provide a fix - and I meant the software mic connection-no idea about loose cables - and the mic works normally for voice commands - until I make a Bluetooth connection, then no voice commands are recognized until I remove the device and reset the Model Y system…

There’s an update trying to download right now but taking far longer than usual - maybe it will provide a fix - and I meant the software mic connection-no idea about loose cables - and the mic works normally for voice commands - until I make a Bluetooth connection, then no voice commands are recognized until I remove the device and reset the Model Y system…
I am on the west coast, and I do not see any updates pending. Please let us know if the update is addressee the problem.

thanks