Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrade Interior Door Trims?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, thinking of updating the interior door trims of my 2021 Model 3 SR+ to the new ones with the wood found on the 2022 and newer models.

From this:

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 10.07.43 AM.jpg

to this:
Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 10.08.08 AM.jpg

Anyone do this before?

Is it a straight replacement process or is there any fitment issues? Was anything else changed which would make a straight swap not possible?

I know that the wood front dash (under the vent) was slightly changed in newer model 3. I wonder if its any wider or more narrow than the previous one

Hi, thinking of updating the interior door trims of my 2021 Model 3 SR+ to the new ones with the wood found on the 2022 and newer models.

From this:

View attachment 912258

to this:
View attachment 912259

Anyone do this before?

Is it a straight replacement process or is there any fitment issues? Was anything else changed which would make a straight swap not possible?

I know that the wood front dash (under the vent) was slightly changed in newer model 3. I wonder if its any wider or more narrow than the previous one
I'm not sure of the process, but if we lived closer, I would trade you my wood version. Planning to visit Virginia anytime soon? lol

I did it on a 2018… there is one 2-wire plug that needs to swapped from the old door card to the new one as they are different plugs. Took a metal pick tool to pop the pin wires out of the plugs to swap. Sorry, don’t have pictures.

I did it on a 2018… there is one 2-wire plug that needs to swapped from the old door card to the new one as they are different plugs. Took a metal pick tool to pop the pin wires out of the plugs to swap. Sorry, don’t have pictures.
Do you know if the 2019 would need to do the same thing? Do you remember if its the white or blue cable that needed to be changed