Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used MY buying advice - undercarriage condition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - first time posting after lots of lurking.

Here's the situation - I'm looking at buying a '23 MY LR with 7k miles. The car, however is in Idaho, and I am in Oregon. I've been trying to find a mechanic who is willing to look at the car, but no one is comfortable with inspecting an EV. After talking with a Tesla service mechanic - the advice was to inspect the undercarriage for any signs of impact that would damage the battery, and to put the car in service mode and run both Thermal and HVAC tests.

I had the owner send pics from under the car, and did spot what looks like *some* degree of impact. I've highlighted the area below. So, my question is - how concerned should I be? Is this something that obviously needs to be looked at by Tesla, and/or would it potentially void the battery warranty?

Any advice on next steps? I can imagine asking the owner to make an appointment with Tesla Serivice to check out the highlighted area, but I'm not sure what is typical wear and tear etc. If all turns out okay - I'll be flying to pick up the car next week, but want to do as much due diligence as possible before then.

Thanks in advance!! I've been reading this forum for years, and finally ready to pull the trigger on my 1st EV.

Attachments

• RenderedI (1).jpg
    RenderedI (1).jpg
    640.5 KB · Views: 6
  • RenderedI.jpg
    RenderedI.jpg
    777.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5737.jpg
    IMG_5737.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 2
  • -5141467238228976063.jpg
    -5141467238228976063.jpg