Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice for purchasing used tesla model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

First time posting here, excuse my ignorance with some questions. I am looking at buying a model y 2023 performance currently asking for 80k. Chip on the front windscreen, scratched tires and slight bump under the Tesla logo of the front bonnet. The car has driven 47,000km which is quite alot obviously.

As I am new to the world of Tesla, does this seem like a good deal? Should I be looking for anything else? He mentioned he hasn't done a 24hour battery test so can't really say much about that.

Any advice will be much appreciated

Hi All,

First time posting here, excuse my ignorance with some questions. I am looking at buying a model y 2023 performance currently asking for 80k. Chip on the front windscreen, scratched tires and slight bump under the Tesla logo of the front bonnet. The car has driven 47,000km which is quite alot obviously.

As I am new to the world of Tesla, does this seem like a good deal? Should I be looking for anything else? He mentioned he hasn't done a 24hour battery test so can't really say much about that.

If you have never owned a Tesla then this is a bad move in my opinion. I am willing to meet with you to fully explain my Tesla-owner experiences. Just DM me to arrange a meetup.

He mentioned he hasn't done a 24hour battery test so can't really say much about that.
You can get a rough idea by switching the battery display between % and km (just tap on the little battery level icon at the top of the main screen) and scaling the km up to 100%, then comparing that against the 100% figure for that model when new (not sure what that was for 2023 MYP but I'm sure someone else here can supply that).

It'll likely be fine, calendar aging seems to matter more than km.

Hi All,

What’s the price of a new one in Melbourne? Are there any government rebates?

Hi All,

$99k drive away new. Seems like a great deal for the seller, not so much for you

Reactions: bcarp
Hi All,

If the windscreen needs replacement, current price from Tesla is $1540 delivered, but not fitted. About $1880 fitted by Tesla.

IIRC the Performance has 21" Uberturbines? Price up a set of tyres, it sounds like it needs them.

47,000km is not a lot on an EV overall, but in 12 months (2023 model), that is a lot. For an indication, I put 8000 on mine in 3 months before it copped hail damage (and I've been out of it since).

Do you need the performance model? You can buy a Model Y RWD brand new for the coin you're looking to spend, and you get a brand new car with full warranty etc.

Reactions: dcfas
The car has driven 47,000km which is quite alot obviously.
@alz112
Ask him to show you the Charge stats on the Tesla app - and look for supercharging activity. That will give you a fair indication of how the car was used.
47,000k, in a year is a lot of km
Is it this MYP? The vendor says its used on the highway which means lots of supercharging and also its been used for towing. Though this one says 96% battery health but I want to see the screenshot and the screenshot should have the VIN number in the screenshot.

Red is supercharging.
I would not buy a car which is majority supercharged (though DC fast charging like at AmpCharge and Evie would shouw up as other)

I would not buy a Tesla without a service mode battery health screenshot.

I also would never buy a Performance Tesla because it possibly would have been accelerated hard and possibly taken to the track. (no offence to the MYP club)

For that price, I would buy a MYLR brand new. Bear in mind the $80k does not include rego costs and stamp duty which comes to $3758 in NSW

I can get a brand new MYLR for $84467 in NSW drive away price. So an extra $709 will get you an brand new MYLR if in NSW. Work out for yourself what it is in VIC

IMG_3083.jpeg
Is it

Last edited:
A
@alz112
Ask him to show you the Charge stats on the Tesla app - and look for supercharging activity. That will give you a fair indication of how the car was used.
Is it this MYP? The vendor says its used on the highway which means lots of supercharging and also its been used for towing. Though this one says 96% battery health but I want to see the screenshot and the screenshot should have the VIN number in the screenshot.

Red is supercharging.
I would not buy a car which is majority supercharged (though DC fast charging like at AmpCharge and Evie would shouw up as other)

I also would never buy a Performance Tesla because it possibly would have been accelerated hard and possibly taken to the track. (no offence to the MYP club)

For that price, I would buy a MYLR brand new. Bear in mind the $80k does not include rego costs and stamp duty which comes to $3758 in NSW

I can get a brand new MYLR for $84467 in NSW drive away price. So an extra $709 will get you an brand new MYLR if in NSW. Work out for yourself what it is in VIC

View attachment 1034436

@alz112

Red is supercharging.

View attachment 1034436
Is it
Appreciate it. Yeah sticking with a LR. Out of curiousity what does rego come to? Per year. I'm in Vic so I'm sure it will be different