Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used tesla model s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi i am thinking of buying a 2016 pre facelift p70d.
I there anything I need to look out for.
How do I know if it has autopilot active on it.

Any information would be great

No offense but why? If I am not mistaken a 2016 pre-facelift has AP1 hardware which means if it has Autopilot, it will be the old AP1 Autopilot that Tesla is not supporting anymore. So it won't get any Autopilot updates and you won't get any of the current Autopilot features.

At least get a car with AP2 hardware so that you can get the current Autopilot features.

No offense but why? If I am not mistaken a 2016 pre-facelift has AP1 hardware which means if it has Autopilot, it will be the old AP1 Autopilot that Tesla is not supporting anymore. So it won't get any Autopilot updates and you won't get any of the current Autopilot features.

At least get a car with AP2 hardware so that you can get the current Autopilot features.
I would love to but it comes down to price.

Can I still get ap1 turned on if it's not on. Or what is the basic standard ap

I would love to but it comes down to price.

Can I still get ap1 turned on if it's not on. Or what is the basic standard ap

Check the feature list of the car. Does it say autopilot is active or does it just say autopilot hardware? If autopilot is not active, you will need to pay extra to get it turned on. So you are looking at a few more thousands of dollars.

I don't know what your budget is but you can get a new Model 3 with the latest hardware and autopilot standard, starting at $39.5k. If you really prefer the Model S over the Model 3 and you don't care about not having the latest autopilot, then go for it. I just don't want you to know what you are getting and not be surprised. If you get a car with AP1, you will get solid lane keeping and solid adaptive cruise control but you can't upgrade to the newer autopilot.

I hate to ever judge anyone’s finances, just none of my business. For myself though, I’m always happier in the long run, when I buy what I truly want.

My Dad taught me to never take out a long term loan on a short term car — a Tesla is a long term car.