Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USED Tire -Continental ProContact RX 255/45/19 (Bay Area)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am curious, what reason do people have for buying single tires with half their tread gone? Do they have a set of those tires with around that tread and had one blow out? Do they plan to put mixed tires of different brands and tread wear on a vehicle?

I am curious, what reason do people have for buying single tires with half their tread gone? Do they have a set of those tires with around that tread and had one blow out? Do they plan to put mixed tires of different brands and tread wear on a vehicle?
Depends on your situation.
In my case, I had deep cut in one of the rear tire(after 10 k miles). So I replaced both the rear tires and one old single tire is still with me.

In my case, I had deep cut in one of the rear tire(after 10 k miles). So I replaced both the rear tires and one old single tire is still with me.
Yes, I know why you want to sell it. What I am curious about is why folks wish to buy it. I am not saying it's impossible, but it's often difficult to make use of a single used tire. If somebody were in your exact situation I could see it. People do put different tires front and back though rarely will they have a right and left tire of different types or ages. If somebody had 2 or 4 of these tires and lost one they might be very happy to pay your low price.

Exactly my situation.
One of my front tires blew out from highway shrapnel a few months ago (14k miles at that time). Opted to replace all 4 tires with some cheaper Cooper tires in the meantime.

Sounds good. I’ll DM you.

Reactions: abhibms06