Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using Sense monitor with solar & Powerwall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I just had Tesla solar & storage installed. I also had and still have a Sense monitor. Officially, Sense does not support applications with storage, but has anyone successfully modified their Sense setup to work with solar & storage? Thanks in advance for any advice!

I dont believe it works that well from what I remember, but here are some threads you can review:

Ah thanks. I didn't see relevant threads pop up when I was creating the thread, but I'll be sure to try the search next time. Thanks!

No problem. The TL ; DR from those threads from what I remember is, sense does not work "well" with solar/ PV + storage. I didnt review them again when I pulled them back up, but think I remember the general gist of the conversations.

I have Sense. Since I have a dedicated "generation panel" (it has all the solar and powerwalls) I put the Sense "solar" CTs on the feed to that panel.

What Sense sees is the net of batteries and the Powerwall. This means I have "solar" at night (Powerwalls discharging) and during early part of my day the solar being reported is what is powering the loads.

It's an interesting data set.