Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall Configuration Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Afternoon

I am new to this group and only recently got a Powerwall 2 to go with our Solar panels so if some of my questions have already been answered elsewhere I also apologise I have been reading a lot of posts for a while so I am sorry for my ramblings, in my head it all makes sense. :)

1) I have a Myenergy Eddi installed for hot water, since the battery has been installed in November the Eddi has not been harvesting any power from the solar when its generating. Should it be possible to be heating hot water tank and the battery at the same time, I have seen that the Eddi has settings for export margin / export threshold and export delay, I believe these setting let the hub monitor the amount and then when above a threshold for x it will then start to harvest, the battery in the hub is configured not drain.

Do I needed to program the Eddi to draw from the battery & from the off peak tariff or if it should be able to harvest some power from the solar generation, or if it's configured to grab the excess solar when the battery is full.

2) We have quite old panels but we are very efficient with our usage, the house uses 100w to 200w on tick over. The panels generate at max 2kwh so generally 1.8kwh - 1.9kwh is going to the battery at present even in March in the UK :)

I currently have the battery configured for eco7, and at present charge for 1hr at the low tariff which is more than enough along with the minimal the solar harvesting at the moment from the panels, all this week since swapping to eco7 the battery has continued to fill which is not an issue, but I was wondering if there was a way to configure the battery to only charge if let say the battery is below 20% and stop if its above 40% I don’t really want the battery at 100% all the time, and don’t want it charging for the sake of it.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks