Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah EV Sales

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those interested, I've updated my web page for EV Sales in Utah with the data for Q1 2020.

The good news is that Tesla continues to dominate the market. I was even pleasantly surprised to see that 27 Model Y were delivered in March.

The bad news is that, despite the state's toxic inversions and the worsening Climate Crisis worldwide, Utahns bought tailpipes at a ratio of… 99:1. Compared to a more enlightened nation of similar size, like Norway, such ignorance is pathetic. C'mon, Utah: it's high time you broke your pernicious addiction to the Fossil Fool's "drug."

utahstats.jpg

automakers.jpg
utah_vs_norway.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: wreighven and tmoz
Cool numbers and good to see at least SOME EV sales, it'll get there. The only thing I'd add to this is Norway has a population of 5.3Million people per a quick Google search... Utah has a population of 3.2Million which is close enough but don't forget that Norway pushed HARD for EV adoption and has big incentives (bigger than the $7500 Fed and usually nothing state incentive The Incentives Stimulating Norway's Electric Vehicle Success | CleanTechnica ). Norway has a very different view as a people towards pretty much everything compared to the U.S. and probably even more-so than Utah (c'mon with that 3.2% beer WTF!).

It's good to see the numbers going up and hopefully they'll go up even faster with 10 new EV's coming to the market in 2021 ( 2021 is going to be the year for electric revolution - 10 new EVs coming next year - Electrek )