Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V10 Phantom drain with Sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed a faster than usual battery depletion after using Sentry mode on version 10? I have lost about 30 km of range for the car sitting about 7 hours. I record sentrt at work as it is a busy parking lot.

I don't remember how much it was losing before the update but obviously not enough to notice. I know the rear camera is recording now too so that may have something to do with it. At home, with Sentry mode off I am not seeing the phantom battery draining. Curious if anyone else is seeing this?

Has anyone noticed a faster than usual battery depletion after using Sentry mode on version 10? I have lost about 30 km of range for the car sitting about 7 hours. I record sentrt at work as it is a busy parking lot.

I don't remember how much it was losing before the update but obviously not enough to notice. I know the rear camera is recording now too so that may have something to do with it. At home, with Sentry mode off I am not seeing the phantom battery draining. Curious if anyone else is seeing this?

From 8AM to now (time of posting) 10.16 kms loss with Sentry on.

If you have MCU 2, you get the rear camera on with V10 so 33% more battery drain than before. But I get much more than 33% lost. Before V10, I lost about 1 mile per hour parked with sentry mode. Now it is about 2.75 miles per hour! I am at work now for 8 hours and lost 22 miles. Well, the rear camera video is clearly better than the other 3 cameras. Maybe it also uses a lot more power?

Reactions: CdnElec
Actually, my Sentry Mode drain went down about 10-15% with v10 - I was pleasantly surprised.

There is a new phantom drain that's on by default except at work, home, and favorites (again, by default.) - the Standby mode for Smart Summon, set on the Autopilot page.

I really feel like they should have told us they were doing that in the release notes if they were going to turn it on by default...