Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode sensitivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question about sentry mode. We have two cars, a 22 MYP and a 23 MXLR, the Y sentry mode works okay. I think the MX after the last update sentry mode has stopped working (1/7/24). The car sentry mode is set to turn on sentry mode and the app says it is on, but it is not working. I have reboot the MX. Is there a way to adjust the cameras sensitivity? I can turn it on at home and it works but when my wife takes it to work it dose not record anything in a busy parking lot. Work is not excluded from sentry mode.

Something that I noticed in sentry mode in the Y, the clips are labeled with a location that it occurred, except they are not even close. Sometimes 15 to 20 miles from where they were recorded in, a town in the next county over. Are the location labels assigned from estimate location not GPS?

One other question about the MX, the rear hatch will only open about 18 inches in our garage, the ceiling is 12 feet high (there are things hung from the ceiling 8.5’ + clear). I pushed the trunk lid all the way open and held the close button in until it beeped. It still will not open more than 12 to18 inches in our garage.
Thanks