Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vacation schedule

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, just leave it. It won't discharge to 50% anyway.

Well, it varies somewhat, I think depending sometimes on the firmware. About two years ago, my folks went on a monthlong cruise - it barely discharged 20% in that whole month (it was unplugged, but my contingency was to go there a day's drive away if needed to plug it in).

The last month or so, the car has been discharging about 3-4 kwh (about 5%) PER DAY. They barely leave the house, and usually only charge when below 30% - so they were surprised when the car went to zero about two weeks after their previous drive. It was only because of an alert on my Tesla app (their car is on my account), that I realized and told them to plug in immediately. They now plug in at least once a week even if the battery is not low.

Only in the last three days, the vampire drain has dropped back to a more respectable 1-2 kwh per day. Still the same firmware as the last 5 weeks, they haven't driven or charged this week. So not sure why the behavior changed.

Well, it varies somewhat, I think depending sometimes on the firmware. About two years ago, my folks went on a monthlong cruise - it barely discharged 20% in that whole month (it was unplugged, but my contingency was to go there a day's drive away if needed to plug it in).

The last month or so, the car has been discharging about 3-4 kwh (about 5%) PER DAY. They barely leave the house, and usually only charge when below 30% - so they were surprised when the car went to zero about two weeks after their previous drive. It was only because of an alert on my Tesla app (their car is on my account), that I realized and told them to plug in immediately. They now plug in at least once a week even if the battery is not low.

Only in the last three days, the vampire drain has dropped back to a more respectable 1-2 kwh per day. Still the same firmware as the last 5 weeks, they haven't driven or charged this week. So not sure why the behavior change

I have a M3… going away for 7 days. I plan to lower charge to 50% . Should I also lower the amp draw accordingly. If so to what level?( currently have it set to 85% with a 24 amp draw)
Will you have Sentry on while you're gone? If not, then just leave it alone. The car has issues if it goes from 85 to 50 in a week.

Only in the last three days, the vampire drain has dropped back to a more respectable 1-2 kwh per day. Still the same firmware as the last 5 weeks, they haven't driven or charged this week. So not sure why the behavior changed.

Something was keeping the car from sleeping. Could have been something as simple as trying to download a firmware or map update, or upload information, or something else.

If the car is sleeping, it uses around 1-3 miles a day, just sitting there. If it isnt sleeping, it will use 15-30 miles a day, doing the same thing (sitting there). Drain like that means the car isnt sleeping, but one would need to try to track down "why" if thats not apparent.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H