Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VCLeft Switched 12V Changed Behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently installed air suspension on my Model 3 about a week ago. The controller needs a switched 12V in order to know when to shut off (just like an amplifier). I tied it into VCLeft as I found on YouTube. For 6 days straight the system would shutoff the second I got out of the car and shut the door. Yesterday, I noticed the controller wasn’t shutting off. I got my meter out and confirmed that VCLeft is staying powered now once the vehicle exited from anywhere between 15-45 minutes. Nothing has changed, no new updates, nothing! I seen this has been a common issue for those of you into car audio, radar detectors, dash cams, etc , but could not find a reason or solution. What gives? The draw is very minimal, less than 1 amp.

Would love to get the technical answer. After my ambient lights failed to shut off right away, reading the interwebs lead me to think after 20.16.2.1 it was now tied to sleep mode but checking TeslaFi, sometimes they were still on during the time period reported as sleeping. Other times they are off. Go figure.

For similar reasons a few SC techs that talked recommend staying away from any 12V source tapping or multiple CAN bus splice ins... with upcoming v10.2 and v11 builds, mods dependent on these (frunk/trunk, bag kits etc) will either stop working or no longer work as intended.

Ive got an idea I might try tonight. But even if it does work now it could be a temp solution like all the rest. The center console lights shut off when the door closes and no one is in the driver seat. The lights themselves only work with center console doors open but hopefully however they are powered can be used.