Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very little LTE, mainly 3G

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice since changing from my Model S to a Model X. I believe I started to see this issue after the V9 update but I'm not 100% sure if it was present before.

I park my car in a garage where there is a little bit of cell reception. Inside the garage I only see 3G but the problem is that even when I leave it never jumps toi LTE. Once I arrive a work where I park outside and come back to the car at the end of the day, I see LTE. The other day, driving on a motorway, I started with LTE and then if fell back to 3G. For the rest of the drive, even when I entered Paris which has decent LTE reception, I never saw it pop back onto LTE but just always stays at 3G.

Due to a nail in my tyre, I asked the service centre who upgraded my car from 42.2 to 42.3 but it still seems to be present.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I clearly remember my S would start in my garage at 3G and then pop to LTE once I was outside.

Thanks, Dimitri

My MX (early 2018, MCU1 etc) on V9 42.3 jumps from 3G at home to LTE when it sees the signal after I climb the hill out of our village. It's sometimes a little slow to change, but seems to jump within a minute of first seeing an LTE signal. So seems like you may have a fault there.