Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very Short Treks (non-canon, but officially released) Trek cartoons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cwerdna

Jul 11, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA

Supposedly, these aren't canon and from watching the first one at
, I can see why they aren't now.

Update: I can't seem to fix my title. If convenient, can someone move the ) to the end?

Here was my own reply to this post:
I wonder if these two fan animations done in the style of TAS spurred Paramount to do the above retro projects:
- this one was hilarious when I first saw it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MitchMitch
Second one was dropped recently. It had dark humor and a reference to Disco.

Paramount Press Express | “STAR TREK” CELEBRATES 50 YEARS OF ANIMATION WITH THE LAUNCH OF “STAR TREK: very SHORT TREKS” says
"with four additional animated spots rolling out weekly on Wednesdays through Oct. 4 at 10:00 AM, PT/1:00 PM, ET. Titles and release schedule include:

Sept. 8 – “Skin a Cat”
Sept. 13 – “Holiday Party”
Sept. 20 – “Worst Contact”
Sept. 27 – “Holograms, All the Way Down”
Oct. 4 – “Walk, Don’t Run”"

I've removed extra line breaks.

Star Trek ended in 2005. Nothing after that is Star Trek.
Man! :(

Strange New Worlds has self-contained eps and is kinda like TOS. Disco was really different but was season 4 was crap and in the end, not really worth watching. :(

Picard show had uneven plot density in season 1 but the ending was good. First 1.5 eps of season 2 were really good. I didn't mind S2. Ending was again good. S3 towards the end was wow! But yeah, show overall was a huge departure from TNG.

I couldn't care less about Prodigy though. And, I'm not interested in Lower Decks. Watched maybe an ep or two.