Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video instructions for the "standard included license plate mount" for the Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if there are video instructions for the installation of the "standard" included mount instructions for the new Model Y available?
(I'm not looking for any 3rd party no-drill mounts that are all over YouTube...just the standard instructions for the included mount)

...or should I have Tesla service come out to install my plates?

Does anyone know if there are video instructions for the installation of the "standard" included mount instructions for the new Model Y available?
(I'm not looking for any 3rd party no-drill mounts that are all over YouTube...just the standard instructions for the included mount)

...or should I have Tesla service come out to install my plates?
Do it yourself or have someone help you. Just make sure the bumper is clean and dry. Use a tape measure and a level for best alignment or just go for it. The double sided tape will hold firmly to the bumper (except maybe in a car wash) The most important thing is to make sure the surface where the tape contacts the bumper is clean and dry.

There are many aftermarket front license plate mounts that you can use instead that don't require mounting directly on the bumper. SnapPlate, Quick Bandit, many others.

Update: FYI - the current front license plate is super easy to apply yourself. It took less than 5 min.
For some reason I thought it was similar to the older Teslas which required screwing into the bumper, but now it's just double sided tape.

38632073-79F5-4C39-B01F-61DA339CBF1B.gif