Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIDEO - Visiting a 150 KW Supercharger!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
Most experienced Tesla people have seen this already with their own cars, but for all the noobs here, this is some real data for them to learn from. Minutes charging, miles charged, kilowatts used to do it. And plenty of my own commentary on the charging system, turnpike fees, how to get back at them a little, and other inane words.

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

Most experienced Tesla people have seen this already with their own cars, but for all the noobs here, this is some real data for them to learn from. Minutes charging, miles charged, kilowatts used to do it. And plenty of my own commentary on the charging system, turnpike fees, how to get back at them a little, and other inane words.

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

Paying with the smallest change you have isn't getting back at the turn pike system. All doing that does is take your anger out on an employee that has no control over any aspect of the turnpike system. Going out of your way to mess with someone like that is just rude. It's akin to spilling something on the floor because you don't like some corporate policy of a business. All it does is inconvenience the janitor who's just trying to make some money. It's one thing to pay with small change because that's what you have or your trying to get rid of it, but to do it soley out of spite is just wrong. Messing with a toll both worker seems like bad karma to me especially when your going out of your way to do it.

Paying with the smallest change you have isn't getting back at the turn pike system. All doing that does is take your anger out on an employee that has no control over any aspect of the turnpike system. Going out of your way to mess with someone like that is just rude. It's akin to spilling something on the floor because you don't like some corporate policy of a business. All it does is inconvenience the janitor who's just trying to make some money. It's one thing to pay with small change because that's what you have or your trying to get rid of it, but to do it soley out of spite is just wrong. Messing with a toll both worker seems like bad karma to me especially when your going out of your way to do it.

Well, I do not deliberately go out of my way to get small change to pay the turnpike fees with. But the cup holders in the console do tend to load up with change every few weeks. Then, when I have occasion to be on the turnpike, I use that opportunity to get rid of the small change. I do it at Taco Bell too once in a while. In both cases, I will pre-count it so I know I am handing them the right amount. About 15 years ago, I heard those toll booth workers were getting $18 an hour,:eek: I am sure it's gone up since then. Let them earn their money!

Assume the weight on the string, shown in the beginning of the video, keeps autopilot from disengaging? How is that attached exactly?

It's not a string. It is the bare copper ground wire out of 12 gauge Romex electrical cable. I cut a piece about 2-1/2 feet long, and bent it in half to get 2 pieces of wire running the full length. Then I bent one end into a hook that hooks over the steering wheel, and the other end is bent through an eye bolt epoxied into a 20 ounce piece of 1-1/2" round steel bar. That weight is also shown in my Speed Run video on the YT channel, see it there, I think it shows more detail. There's also a "De-nag the Nag" video that has it in it.

Last edited: