Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vinyl wrap that closely matches factory CF trim?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BigNick

Infamous Fat Sweaty Guy
Dec 3, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
I recently acquired another Tesla. This one is a low-mileage 2015 P85D. The original owner added the first-generation Tesla center console (now long discontinued) which was piano black and doesn’t match the carbon fiber trim on the dash.

I am looking to find a carbon fiber wrap that is close to the factory carbon fiber trim without breaking the bank. I read in older threads that there was 3M and SimCarbon brands available and the 3M was a closer match.

But this was years ago, and there might be newer products available that may be a closer match. Does anyone have any recent experience with the CF wraps that are a close match to the factory trim?

Reactions: Scubadude
Thank you!

Unfortunately the link in the original thread now redirects to a differently named product, so l can’t be sure it will match. But it’s only about 1.6 Star-Bucks so I ordered it now.

Re-reading the thread I think it was Fezzik who used the 3M version but he didn’t say which 3M product and there are several. I will wait to hear back before ordering one of those.