Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Virginia Registration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sreymj

Jun 2, 2022
USA
I have a couple questions:

I purchased an M3 while I was living in MD and it was registered in said state. The registration is about to expire. I paid off the loan last month. Does anyone know if MD mails you the title or do you have to go to the DMV to obtain it.

Also, I currently live in VA. I would like to register the vehicle in VA. As for the inspection, if I got an inspection done per Tesla a couple months ago, does that satisfy the inspection requirement needed to get a VA registration?

Thanks for any help in advance!

I have a couple questions:

I purchased an M3 while I was living in MD and it was registered in said state. The registration is about to expire. I paid off the loan last month. Does anyone know if MD mails you the title or do you have to go to the DMV to obtain it.

Also, I currently live in VA. I would like to register the vehicle in VA. As for the inspection, if I got an inspection done per Tesla a couple months ago, does that satisfy the inspection requirement needed to get a VA registration?

Thanks for any help in advance!
Contact the Motor Vehicle Administration and ask them. If you can’t find your answer on the webpage call them.

Upvote 0