Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck App Purchase from Out of Texas, Texas Delivery, Austin Wrap Install, Steps Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kpanda17

Oct 17, 2022
USA
Guys, My goal is to pickup a Cybertruck t Austin but I live in NY. I want Tesla to wrap it in Austin right after pickup.

Please correct my steps:
1. Prep - Secure TX address, a friend in my case. In app, set zip code, pay deposit for the vehicle and wait for the VIN.
2. Days before delivery - Get a Tesla insurance month to month policy. Have cash/non-tesla loan funds ready total price including sales tax. Provide proof copies of ID/license and insurance showing Texas address.
3. Delivery - Inspect, pay and obtain the CT. They will put Texas license tag and provide Texas reg. Have Tesla wrap the CT at Austin. Hoping I can coordinate delivery and wrap back to back. Seems logical.
4. Transportation to NY - Drive or auto transport CT to NY. Whenever decided, register in NY and provide proof, sales taxes were paid at home state amount and pay any difference based on the rate if necessary.

Ive purchased vehicles in Texas in the past and had both auto delivery and driven to my home back east.
No drama, at least with legacy dealers, it worked. Hoping you guys can help me with confirming it will work with Tesla.
Btw, I cannot get anyone at Tesla to commit that this works, think fearing they dont want to skew alot of CT deliveries via Austin.