Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

** Wallbox PulsarPlus EV Charger - Trouble? **

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody else got one of these and had trouble with it?

Ours was fitted recently and spends at least half of its time in red mode i.e. it can't be used.

I spoke with the people that fitted it and they say that, as the product is a French design, it's more sensitive to spikes in current. Apparently they are set-up to allow 230v +10%.

The problem is that the power to our street consistently goes beyond 253v.

Our electricity provider did some checks on our electrics and said that anything up to 260v is perfectly acceptable and that there's nothing they can do.

Is this a common problem?

Try the battery and charging subforum, but be warned there is a strong US bias here.

If the spec sheet is to believed the the device is rated 220V to 240V +- 10%.

Wallbox Pulsar plus

https://www.coenergia.com/Apps/WebO...oadFile?path=49997aee5e778a3c1222c9c86c6c3f54

So 240 *1.1= 264V. So at peak voltage you'd be right on the ragged edge, but still within in the rated range. I live in the US, but I thought the UK "harmonized" at 230V. Or perhaps in this case I should use "harmonised". ;)

Also a random Google suggest your national standard is -6% +10% for a max of 253V. So it sounds like a complaint to your regulator might be in order if they insist 260V is an acceptable voltage.

Voltage Changes.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin