Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was the wall Connector really seven hundred bucks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
I just saw this post on our local craigslist

I know it's WalMart and not from Tesla, but seven hundred ?????

1686779802628.png

Wait I just went and checked and they're currently $528 !!!!!

1686779950893.png

Why would anyone go to WalMart for this anyway????

They're currently four and a quarter on Tesla dot com

The same reason people overpay for other stuff on places like amazon or something, where people try to "flip things for profit". Its probably not even in stock, they just hope someone buys one for that over priced price, then they will go buy it and ship it at that point.

Not sure what point you are making here though.

Reactions: Kupe and brkaus
$425 directly from Tesla.

Not really making any point. I've seen people selling stuff on ebay for more than you could buy it from a store in the high street and I wondered why they bother

I thought it was odd though that WalMart was selling these ... AND that they charged more than Tesla

Oh I didn't know that

In fact they keep sending out phishing emails at work that you're supposed to report (and apparently there are a surprising number of failures - even in the IT department)

Sometimes they need a second look, but mostly they're pretty obvious - the most obvious of which was the one that said my WalMart account had a problem. Now call me a snob but - well let's just say it's not a store I frequent

About 2 weeks ago I bought my Tesla Wall Connector online from BestBuy.com for $425 plus tax and free UPS Shipping. It was delivered in 2 days. I was not going to be home and therefore I used the BestBuy shipping option to have it shipped to the Local CVS for them to hold it. CVS is a "UPS Access Point" location. Better that it was held at CVS then left at my front door.

Ordered May 21st and picked up May 23rd.

UPS Access Point​

CVS STORE # 7892
1520 LAKEWOOD RANCH BLVD
BRADENTON, FL 34211

Order details from BestBuy site is below.

Tesla - Wall Connector Hardwired Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger up to 48A - 24' - White
Tesla - Wall Connector Hardwired Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger up to 48A - 24' - White

Model:1457768-02-HSKU:6527849 Quantity:1
Item Total: $454.75
Product Price: $425.00
Sales Tax, Fees & Surcharges: $29.75

Last edited:
About 2 weeks ago I bought my Tesla Wall Connector online from BestBuy.com for $425 plus tax and free UPS Shipping. It was delivered in 2 days. I was not going to be home and therefore I used the BestBuy shipping option to have it shipped to the Local CVS for them to hold it. CVS is a "UPS Access Point" location. Better that it was held at CVS then left at my front door.

Ordered May 21st and picked up May 23rd.

UPS Access Point​

CVS STORE # 7892
1520 LAKEWOOD RANCH BLVD
BRADENTON, FL 34211

Order details from BestBuy site is below.

Tesla - Wall Connector Hardwired Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger up to 48A - 24' - White' - White

Model:1457768-02-HSKU:6527849 Quantity:1
Item Total: $454.75
Product Price: $425.00
Sales Tax, Fees & Surcharges: $29.75

Yeah, bestbuy is the one actually selling these though, unlike walmart which is trying to operate a marketplace that they think is like amazon, but is more like craigslist or ebay.

Reactions: father_of_6