Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water on garage floor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had a Model 3 LR since August. One of the most surprising things to me is the volume of water I find on the garage floor on occasion. The car has been in 90 degree and 10 degree weather

It doesn’t seem to have any odor or color and no warning lights have come on. Anything I should be doing other than sweeping the puddles towards our drain? Thanks

I have had a Model 3 LR since August. One of the most surprising things to me is the volume of water I find on the garage floor on occasion. The car has been in 90 degree and 10 degree weather

It doesn’t seem to have any odor or color and no warning lights have come on. Anything I should be doing other than sweeping the puddles towards our drain? Thanks
Just like any car, there is a drain for the AC condensate to drain to the floor. It's located near the front around the firewall area, so if the puddle is from there, that's your answer.

Given there is no hot engine or exhaust, it perhaps does not evaporate as much as it does in an ICE vehicle, so most of it drains as liquid water.

If you have driven in the rain or a carwash, the car also has aero under panels which can hold a lot of water, which may drain out while in your garage. A lot of it drains around the rear, although some drains near the front wheels.

It’s always near the front. Thanks. This summer we paid to have new concrete in the garage and there is a little dip right where the front end stops. Makes a nice size puddle. I try and sweep it away when I leave in the morning so the wife doesn’t start the conversation what my car is doing to the new concrete. 😂

It’s always near the front. Thanks. This summer we paid to have new concrete in the garage and there is a little dip right where the front end stops. Makes a nice size puddle. I try and sweep it away when I leave in the morning so the wife doesn’t start the conversation what my car is doing to the new concrete. 😂
As above, it's probably the AC. I've put a shallow plastic container under mine, rarely have to empty as it evaporates.
The rain/carwash water is another issue, as I have carpet on the floor I've put plastic strips down that can be rolled up when we need to use the area for something other than the car.