Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Went Over It with a Fine Tooth Comb but...Wait for it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Handful of relatively minor things to address - couple of paint issues, dimple of a back corner panel, misaligned second row and an uneven frunk cover. No show-stoppers.

Pretty much all gap spacing was spot on, doors and glass were fine, interior looked great, trim was neat and tidy, back seats folded, hanger things didn't stick.

Left the SC feeling pretty good about things until I realized the A/C wasn't working well. By the time I got home 25 minutes after leaving the dealership, it was cooler outside the car than in - and I'm in Tampa.

Obviously, had I recognized the issue before leaving the car wouldn't be in my garage tonight.

Went to the app and tried scheduling a service appointment but the earliest was 8/21 - not acceptable. Too log to go w/o A/C and outside the return window.

Emailed by sales advisor and hopefully something can be done sooner (read tomorrow).

Open to any perspectives from others with similar experiences or thoughts.

• Helpful
Reactions: Minion20
Amen! S/W update took, still no a/c. Rebooted, still nothing. Back to the SC this morning.

Also, based on the noise, it is clear the car does not have the benefit of the acoustic cover. That being the case, I am fairly certain my relatively low VIN (220**) but 07/20 build month indicates mine was a refused vehicle. Must have sent it back for whatever ailed it the first time through and placed another driver door sticker on it.

If true, that doesn't bother me nearly as much as malfunctioning air right off the bat.

I was contacted by the Tampa SC yesterday morning regarding the appt. I'd set for 8/21. They stated that was unacceptable for a new delivery and asked that we bring the car in as soon as able. Brought it in yesterday afternoon and was given a 2016 S 70 as a loaner. I was a bit concerned yesterday as the app continued to show 8/21 as the only service but it updated this morning to show it was in service with an estimated completion of 8/10 at 8:30 a.m.

I am hopeful that's the case, as it leaves only one day for the 7-day return window (mileage isn't an issue as we only drove it 40 miles without the a/c).

As noted, the car otherwise was in reasonably good shape at pick-up.

I would hate to have to return it of the repair isn't completed within that time frame but I feel that's the only recourse to prevent against a Lemon Law issue (whatever the rules are in this state, anyway).

Are there other thoughts re ensuring my protections as the purchaser?

Done today instead of Monday. A/C is working. Work Order says it was low on Freon (didn't know Freon was even in use, anymore) - 300 instead of 1020. Checked for leaks and there were none. Did not address acoustic blanket on the heat pump but maybe they will do that when Homelink is installed.