Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Went to get wheel alignment, diagnosed I need a toe link assembly replacement and rear upper link suspension replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I brought my Tesla S 2015 85 in for an alignment. They said they were unable to do the alignment because I needed a toe link assembly replacement and rear upper link suspension replacement. Besides tire wear, the car drives fine.
I had an extended warranty that expired last year. Before the expiration, I had them check the suspension and got everything fixed. I'm surprised in one year, this has broken and they hadn't seen it before the warranty expired.

They're quoting me $1.7k for the work. The parts are $300 and the labor is $1400. Is this price reasonable? Is there an independent auto repair that I can get this work done in the San Francisco Bay Area?

I got the work done last month. The Tesla advisor let me know but required dropping the battery to replace the suspension.

They did it in one day. I didn't notice any difference in driving but my alignment issue was resolved. I don't love the $$$ bill but glad to get the work done.