Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the 2022 Model Summer Performance Tire Limits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I recently took delivery of a 2022 MS Long Range with the 21" Arachnids.

Tesla only offers the 21" Michelin PS4S tires (summer performance tires) with these rims. My question is (as a tire noob), what are the limits of these tires when it comes to cold weather / snow.

I live in San Francisco, so performance tires are just fine for about 95% of my driving. With that being said, I do take a few trips up to Lake Tahoe every Fall + winter (sometimes there is snow, sometimes there isn't). I've read that you shouldn't be driving with these tires when the temp is sub 40 degrees.. is this true?

I don't plan on driving in a blizzard, but will I put myself at serious risk if I drive with these tires in light snow?

Lastly, are there any all season tire alternatives you all have found to work with the 21" arachnids?

I would not drive it in the snow or leave the car out in the Low temperature cold for extended periods of time, but If its in a garage then taken out in temps under 40 but it will warm up over that later it should be fine. Where im at in the winter some mornings it gets in the Mid 20s but warms up over to mid 40s low 50s some days and on the stock pirellis on my model s, Michelin 4s tires on my zl1 Camaro, and Michelin Pilot super sports on my C7z I have never had any issues.

Reactions: tm1v2 and mswlogo