Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor What is a "Tupperware Delete" ?!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Premiertint

Local Vendor - NorCal
On the Model X and Model Y, the lower plastic trim parts are not painted to match the paint. This raw black plastic reminded me of ugly tupperware! So, we NAMED IT!!! lol We finally had a client that was willing to trust us to "delete" the tupperware by wrapping it with gloss black.

I am hoping the wrap manufacturers catch a clue and provide more color matching options in the near future.
:cool:
20200505_131556.jpg
20200505_131535.jpg

i thought you couldn't wrap plastic. have you done it for the pearl white? the rear diffuser
Even if you could do it, you may want to think about it more. I have a blue Model X and a pearl white Model 3. I think there is a reason why many cars have that black rubber bottom. Even though the X is much bigger it is easier to wash, because there will be a ton of tar and bugs collected at the bottom of the Model 3 white paint. The door is super clean, but as soon as it reaches the bottom (where the black rubber parts for the other cars are), black dots sit there within a few days after wash. They are not that easy to take off too. I have to use a tar/bug removal spray to let it sit for 15 min.