Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is "license plate routing"? [feature for teslas in china]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 5.03.10 PM.png

This is from the Model Y user manual. Anyone have any idea what it means?

View attachment 923216

This is from the Model Y user manual. Anyone have any idea what it means?
That was new to me, too. Found this on Twitter: In China you cannot go into certain places on certain days based on your license plate number being an odd or even number. That's why everybody buys two cars over there, so they can drive everywhere every day. I think Tesla nav now takes it into account (it asks you to enter)

That was new to me, too. Found this on Twitter: In China you cannot go into certain places on certain days based on your license plate number being an odd or even number. That's why everybody buys two cars over there, so they can drive everywhere every day. I think Tesla nav now takes it into account (it asks you to enter)

When you google "Tesla licence plate routing" it takes you to a URL that has "CN" in it, so this is definitely not a US thing, and probably something applicable to china as you mention. I am going to amend the thread title because the current thread title and user location for the thread title makes it look like this comes from a US tesla manual, which it clearly does not.