Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone know what these are used for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These were in my Model Y AWD trunk and the bag says rear license plate. They are from Tesla. My rear plate screws on to the back of the holder, I have no idea what these (and the plastic spacers / caps are supposed to be used for.)

IMG_2175.jpeg

These were in my Model Y AWD trunk and the bag says rear license plate. They are from Tesla. My rear plate screws on to the back of the holder, I have no idea what these (and the plastic spacers / caps are supposed to be used for.)

View attachment 1025719

You didnt buy your car brand new, right?

Hi everyone! I'm a new owner of a 2023 MY SR AWD Dual Motor. Picked this up with around 1,000 miles on it, so basically a brand new car! It was made last summer and has hardware 4 on it. I installed a level 2 charger at our house and so far this car has been awesome.

So, those are license plate brackets from whomever owned your car before you. They probably had some aftermarket license plate frame and either took it with them, or used other stuff to put it on there.

Thats why Tesla itself doesnt know what those are, because they dont come with the car.

You didnt buy your car brand new, right?

So, those are license plate brackets from whomever owned your car before you. They probably had some aftermarket license plate frame and either took it with them, or used other stuff to put it on there.

Thats why Tesla itself doesnt know what those are, because they dont come with the car.
No, it's not aftermarket. It's in a Tesla branded bag.

No, it's not aftermarket. It's in a Tesla branded bag.
Does that bag have a tesla part number on it, and if so what does that part number say it is? They look like license plate screws (like everyone else said) but I dont think Tesla sells a carbon fiber license plate frame. Perhaps they do and I missed it during my hiatus.