Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What tires specs come with refreshed Model S LR 19” wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I get my model S LR 19” delivered, I noticed that it is come with Firelli P Zero (summer tire), is that true that Tesla is delivering Summer tire during the winter season?

Btw, I am living in California.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 187
Anyone know for sure whether NC falls in the region of all-season tires (for MS LR)?
I am scheduled to take delivery in NC tomorrow. Original scheduled delivery was last week but I found serious paint flaw and they sent it to contractor body shop to fix. I have not taken delivery. All along the way I was concerned about what tire would be delivered. I was told by the local dealership that they were receiving cars with the all season radial version. I also read somewhere that dealerships have been known to allow swap to an all season if a summer tire had arrived with the car. But I was relying on what a local dealership staff had said. I went to the dealership again today, before the scheduled date of Thursday (tomorrow), to check deliveries for the tires. They are all the summer version of the pirelli tires. I called corporate pirelli and customer service stated that the warranty says don’t drive it in temperatures below 45 degrees. So to me its not simply a preference, it is a warranty issue. North Carolina has many days in the fall and winter seasons that fall below 45. It’s supposed to be 29 degrees tonight, a low of 34 tomorrow, and so on. The initial reaction from the dealership staff is that they come with summer tires and tough luck. Corporate tesla says its in the hands of the dealership, yet it was corporate who loaded the car with summer tires even though it was hevaded for NORTH Carolina.

Can anyone advise or suggest what my approach should be? How hard can I push the dealership?

The order is for a MS long range refresh ‘21.

Damn I just took delivery of my Plaid in Maryland and it came with 19” summer tires. I was hoping it would come with all seasons. I guess Maryland is a southern state to them. F me. More money to be spent.
sorry for hear that. have you tried to call the service center about purchasing the All Season Tire? my local service center said they are currently out of those All season tires and I have to find some third-party tire store to purchase/install them..

sorry for hear that. have you tried to call the service center about purchasing the All Season Tire? my local service center said they are currently out of those All season tires and I have to find some third-party tire store to purchase/install them..
No I haven’t but I plan to call just to see if they could swap them out since I only have 50 miles on the car. I know the answer but I have to at least ask.

No I haven’t but I plan to call just to see if they could swap them out since I only have 50 miles on the car. I know the answer but I have to at least ask.
If you live in the Northeast and ordered an LR, it should have come with All Seasons. If it did not, that’s Tesla’s error and they need to make it right for you.

I called my SA prior to delivery to confirm mine was shipping with All Seasons since I had a 4+ hour ride to the delivery center and wanted to ensure there was no reason for me to reject delivery. He said he confrimed that‘s what the vehicle left Fremont with. Guess what? It arrived at delivery with Summer Performance tires. I have a service appointment for them to be swapped out.

If you live in the Northeast and ordered an LR, it should have come with All Seasons. If it did not, that’s Tesla’s error and they need to make it right for you.

I called my SA prior to delivery to confirm mine was shipping with All Seasons since I had a 4+ hour ride to the delivery center and wanted to ensure there was no reason for me to reject delivery. He said he confrimed that‘s what the vehicle left Fremont with. Guess what? It arrived at delivery with Summer Performance tires. I have a service appointment for them to be swapped out.
It’s not a LR, it’s a Plaid. Does that matter?