Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would it take to squash global warming?and its consequences (e.g. mass starvation) depends upon 3 unpopular things: contraception, nuclear energy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RSpanner

Sep 3, 2021
Oregon
Include in that needless over-consumption, perpetual growth for the sake of making profit for capital, and the reliance on fossil fuels by the richest people on the planet.
Blue is Blue and Red is Red, and let's hope the Twain shall meet when America sheds its poisonous partisanship!

Title of the thread needs some work. Are you intentionally leaving out the 3rd thing? 😄

I definitely agree with the two you mentioned, especially about nuclear energy. There are a thousand reasons for it, and very few against. Especially with the new reactor designs that can virtually eliminate meltdowns. But convincing the backward-looking general public (US in particular) is an impossible task.

you are so right...I should read before I post...The Third thing...and I was always against it..until recently iiiiiiiis
genetically modified foods.
Nuclear has been the roughest thing to think about and only in a modified form ( small plants, and the "new technologhy) would push it into a must have basis. Have I done extensive research on that subject, no..just a few articles on what is being worked on.

Title of the thread needs some work. Are you intentionally leaving out the 3rd thing? 😄

I definitely agree with the two you mentioned, especially about nuclear energy. There are a thousand reasons for it, and very few against. Especially with the new reactor designs that can virtually eliminate meltdowns. But convincing the backward-looking general public (US in particular) is an impossible task.
How about almost nearly impossible? But I sadly agree. Perhaps with the new reactor designs that really is possible. Then there is the religious aspect of gigantic pushback on contraception.I do remember many years ago a group call Zero Population Growth..which I signed my name to.., never got real far..oy.
Then the amount of food production necessary for the world population now is inadaquate..on and on...