Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When to ask for Service for Poor Heating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sure there will be a bunch of winter related threads, and the search feature isn't helping me answer my question...

Today it was 19 F on the drive to work, and I noticed the heat was blowing rather lukewarm air (almost cool). The car was warm due to my Subzero package, but I was wondering if I should have an SC take a look at the heating of the vehicle. This will be my first winter with my tesla, so I was not too terribly sure what to expect.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I have a 2014 P85 and live a few hours north of you and use preheat extensively and feel it is fine, but I never ask it to blow hot air. My office runs 78f most of the time so I look forward to the car ride at 65-68.

Are you preheating and still cold or is the cold interior making the temp setting not seem warm enough? How long a commute?

I am sure there will be a bunch of winter related threads, and the search feature isn't helping me answer my question...

Today it was 19 F on the drive to work, and I noticed the heat was blowing rather lukewarm air (almost cool). The car was warm due to my Subzero package, but I was wondering if I should have an SC take a look at the heating of the vehicle. This will be my first winter with my tesla, so I was not too terribly sure what to expect.
I'm certainly no expert on cold weather, but I do know that some newer owners tend to think Range Mode sounds like a good idea. Range Mode will limit cabin heating, if you have that turned on.

Do you have “A/C” on when you heat or off?

I have the same issue. My heater works great if I turn it to hi, but if I tick it back one to 81, it will often blow cool air. I usually have the AC off and use outside air (recirc off). Never thought of trying it with the AC and recirc on, but I will. I'm glad to see this isn't a problem with just mine.

I had my service center look at this issue. They basically said to keep it on HI if you want the back seats to feel warm as well.

No other solution for it I guess.

In the winter, the heating isn’t very good in the Model S.