Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Seat Back Tray Table with Carbon Fiber Accents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PauliePucks

3rd Party Accessory Junkie
Oct 29, 2021
NJ
Haven’t see much on these seatback tray tables posted so i thought I’d share my Installed 1 of 2 of these so far. The install was rough, took a lot of ingenuity to fix some issues, one of them did come broken (manufacturer is sending a replacement at no cost, via Amazon)

The instructions and install video looked like they would be helpful, wishful thinking on my part! You will be FAR better off with two sets of hands. I could not get the tray table mounting brackets to stay aligned with the screw holes to mount the back. I ended up using some gorilla tape duct tape on the back side to keep them from moving, which worked, and I don’t care if the tape is on the backside out of view. Having a thin screwdriver to check mounting alignment with the screw holes helped a lot as well. Once I got alignment the rest went pretty smoothly.

These are fully wrapped in white nappa leather top to bottom, which is really really gorgeous. They actually include white gloves for the install which was pretty cool and definitely kept the seat backs from getting dirty during prep and fitting.

Biggest con - They’re not cheap - after the coupon codes on Amazon (we used a new Amazon account for the second back to use the coupon again) the total came to around $750. (MSRP is $499 each!!!!! CRAZY!!!!)

I really love the way they finish the white interior, especially with the carbon fiber accents. They match my yoke perfectly. I’m contemplating adding light strips to the seat backs now, since they will really pop off the white leather back.

FYI for anyone looking into these (am I the only one? Lol) I also covered the entire seat back and tray with Gyeon leather protect (SiO2 coating for seats). At least I’ll get some level of extra protection on them.

I opted not to connect the wireless charging option for now, as my kids have iPads that do not use wireless charging and also because the connection requires you to use a t-tap into the factory harness in the back of the seat, which I was not keen on doing.

The storage bin on the bottom has elastic bands that allow for a nice tight fit. I would err on the side of caution though leaving anything in them that stretches the bands for a prolonged period of time at the risk of them stretching out (think old underwear 😝)

Overall I’m happy with it, it’s pretty unique in that most variants of these tray table seat backs are black plastic, this has a way more premium finish to it and to me it’s more aesthetically pleasing.

I’ll post more pics when I get the second one installed once the replacement arrives.

Non-affiliate Amazon link if anyone is interested! Seems like they have a few more color combos coming out too which are pretty cool as well.

If you do order, check the package thoroughly for damage, they’re packaged pretty well but I had a broken clasp and two of the side retaining brackets separated from the backside of the cover.

Attachments

• A890B137-9ABC-47C3-8703-CA89B5BB91BA.jpeg
    A890B137-9ABC-47C3-8703-CA89B5BB91BA.jpeg
    360.4 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: freed0m
Updated Pics with both seat backs installed, they’re pretty slick, the kids love them, that’s all that matters!

Attachments

• 33E0C446-26C9-47F7-82CF-B8C9BCA07609.jpeg
    33E0C446-26C9-47F7-82CF-B8C9BCA07609.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 6FFC6CB3-BC93-4137-B3C9-C24B3EBF3D34.jpeg
    6FFC6CB3-BC93-4137-B3C9-C24B3EBF3D34.jpeg
    377.5 KB · Views: 76
  • C28A4702-F555-4267-A17B-5F318E1ADB5A.jpeg
    C28A4702-F555-4267-A17B-5F318E1ADB5A.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 80