Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who in Maryland has applied for the Pepco Time of Use Discounted EV Charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check the actual clock time that you start using what you think is off peak. They may have changed the times and it is also a good idea to start a half hour after the start time to allow for differences in time synchronization. I use Dominion (VA) and there software was off from real time. They had the problem for 3 months before they admitted the timing error and had to issue credits for the customer overpayments.

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller
Hi I have been part of this program since 2015. Something strange happened in the last few months. I have a dedicated charger and a separate meter. In September, 2018 I used 236 kw and paid $28.76. In April 2019, I used 258kw and was charged $26.11. By September, I used 270 kw and the Bill went to $41.89. In October, I used 372 kw and was charged $49.14. All of the charging is off peak. Any thought from other Pepco users as to what is going on?

I just applied for the program. My quick and dirty calculation says I would have saved $7 this past month.

1695768294596.png

My understanding is that the on peak rate is much higher than the standard offer. Are you sure about the pricing?

I looked at it and it only made sense with a separate meter just for charging, which is pricey up front.
Yes, for August, I paid .10065 for Peak, .07569 for Int-Peak, and .07631 for Off-Peak. The R-PIV plan is .14185 for Peak and .05909 for Off-peak.

1695962784051.png

I was told that "if you install solar panels to your home, you do become a net metering customer. Once customers are net metering customers, they are not eligible for the RPIV rate." I'm planning on installing solar so I decided not to join the plan since they'd remove me anyway.

I was also told that I'm currently a "Residential Time Metering (RTM) customer with a varying rate. Your existing RTM rate already incentivizes off-peak charging. Additionally, the rate increase for on-peak hours is generally lower on the RTM rate than the R-PIV rate so the rate you are currently on offers more flexibility. The RTM program has reached its capacity and is not accepting new customers."

Last edited: