Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why add a spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It protects your hatch when you try to open it in a low-ceiling parking garage.
This actually happened to me. LOL! Too bad the spoiler didn't protect itself. Luckily I just got a small scratch.

I did take my car to Tesla SC early on to put on a new spoiler as my original one was separating slightly at the edge. After changing the spoiler, the tech told me that the spoiler's job is to look good, and if it separates again, it's not doing it's job and I should bring it back to get it attached again.

I thought I read from some posts here that the spoiler is functional though. Adds down force at high speeds. But I think that's well over 100 MPH.

Reactions: bobbyjae
Yes, a Tesla spoiler can improve stability. The increase in stability depends on the speed you're driving at. At higher speeds, the spoiler helps reduce drag and lift, providing better balance and improved handling.

If you are looking for a carbon fiber spoiler, I recommend you choose this one from Tesery.com
Click on the link to view Tesery Tesla Model 3 / Y Spoiler High Performance OEM Style - Carbon F

Tesery carbon fiber spoiler are made from Real Molded Carbon Fiber which is a hand laid woven carbon fiber with no fiberglass or any other plastic. It is UV coated to help ensure years of beauty without yellowing.
  • Real Carbon Fiber - Available in two finishes. Gloss or Matte . When you add these to your cart, simply choose either gloss or matte. The gloss version has a rich and striking appearance with a strong shine. Both are made of real molded carbon fiber, which is a hand laid woven carbon fiber without fiberglass or any other plastic
  • Performance Look - Make the vehicle look like a sporty car, adding greater downforce and contributing to aerodynamics, greatly improving styling and appearance
  • Stability - Maintains vehicle stability at high speeds, does not obstruct the driver's rear view, reduces overall drag reduces wind resistance and saves fuel
  • Easy Install - Including the required 3M double-sided tape for easy installation, attach the spoiler to the trunk lid
  • Precise fit - Manufactured with real-world tolerances for a snug fit,
  • Fitment - Designed for Tesla Model Y 2023-2020, Tesla Model 3 2017-2023 ,enhance your Tesla appearance , which looks like a Tesla OEM performance spoiler.
so if you want the performance look, this is the best spoiler for you.
1680253361189.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Kairide