Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Does My Touchscreen Charge Display Look Different?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all the years I've followed Tesla, the charge displays I have seen look something like this.

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 12.25.45 PM.png

But now that I have a Model Y, why does my display look like this?

IMG_3193.JPG

Welcome to Tesla ownership. Don't get attached to anything on the UI. It can and will change.

(Mine looks like that now, too.)

Edited to add: our rep when we bought the car told us to read the manual before picking up the car. We did, as if we were studying for final exams, and it was somewhat useful as we picked up during the pandemic and there was no contact with a human to show us the car.

BUT in a way it was a waste of time because the manual is also changing to reflect the changes to how your car works.

I hate my Tesla and am not shy to say so on this forum. I still have to spend hours on this forum each week so that I know what changes are coming to my car with each update, and workarounds for when those updates break something. The latest example is we, along with many others now have silent turn signal indicators unless we turn off Joe Mode.

Because of firmware updates (thats what they changed it to). I dont remember when exactly, but thats what it looks like in both my 2018 model 3 and 2022 model Y now. Its just how tesla updates work, and why discussions about how something worked have to be quantified with what version of the update you are on.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Huh, my turn signals aren't silent. And I hope to really enjoy my MYLR, but I'm only a few days in.

I sorta figured it was probably a software update. Still fine, just looks different than anything I'd seen before re: charging display.

The parking sensors are a joke, but I knew all about the change from USS to vision before I bought the car - don't much care as I didn't have much use for parking sensors on any car I've ever owned. It might be nice to turn off parking sensors for now, as it sees all sorts of things that aren't obstacles (it's scared of the curb into my driveway 😆) and tells me to STOP!!!

In my experience, when you get out of the car and plug in the charge connector, if you look in the window you will see the first screen. When you then open the door to get back in the car, the instant the door opens, it changes to the second screen from there on.

It makes no sense.