Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the Model S rear screen fit in a Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
I'm considering fitting a rear screen on my 2023 Model 3 (pre Highland).
The various aftermarket screens don't really convince me and I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to fit a rear screen from a Model S.
I searched into various threads but couldn't find anything about it.
What do you think, can it be done?

The various aftermarket screens don't really convince me and I was wondering if anyone had ever tried to fit a rear screen from a Model S.
I searched into various threads but couldn't find anything about it.
What do you think, can it be done?
Even if the screen fit, there is nothing to drive it. (The MCU in a non-Highland Model 3 doesn't have an output for a second screen.) So you would have to come up with your own computer and interface to the CAN network in the car to drive it.

Even if the screen fit, there is nothing to drive it. (The MCU in a non-Highland Model 3 doesn't have an output for a second screen.) So you would have to come up with your own computer and interface to the CAN network in the car to drive it.
Yes of course.
I then noticed that the connector used for the Model S screen has 6 pins, 4 of which are in a round connector and the other 2 on the side with a rectangular connector. It's just not clear if the other end of the cable has an OBD socket or who knows what else.
I have contacted several used spare parts dealers but it seems that none of them supply the wiring for the screen, only the screen or worse the entire armrest.