Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will there be any discounts on Model Y at the end of September?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New member here! I am planning to place an order for a Model Y. It appears Tesla can sell as many of these as they can make, but are there ever any discounts? Like at the end of the quarter? Or should I just get my order in as fast as I can?

If the question is " has tesla ever offered any incentives"? The answer is "yes, at times in the past tesla has offered things like a free color upgrade, or wheels".

If the question is "do we think tesla will offer something like this in the middle of one of the hottest car markets in history, when they sell every car they make prior to purchase?" The answer is "No".

Agreed with @jjrandorin

New Long Range Model Y orders have an estimated fulfillment date of February, 2022. Performance Model Y has an estimated fulfillment date of November, 2021.

I think it's extremely unlikely that you'll see any sort of end-of-quarter incentives this time around. It's possible that a handful might show up in inventory, but unless you're on the inventory site like a hawk, you're going to miss them and they probably won't be discounted.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I saw yesterday inventory Model Y appear with a $1100 discount with 16 kms. Usually they are advertised with 5-6 km when completely new. Not sure what the reason was but it didn't last long. sniped quickly.

Last edited:
I saw yesterday inventory Model Y appear with a $1100 discount with 16 kms. Usually they are advertised with 5-6 km when completely new. Not sure what the reason was but it didn't last long. snipped quickly.

Saw saw one of these show up today, as well ... there are a few demo vehicles showing up in inventory with modest mileage discounts. You have to be quick to get ahold of one, basically clicking the BUY button as soon as you find one.

is clicking buy the best way? do you just click buy and then cancel existing order? or can you get it on the first order by calling

Click buy and cancel your original order. If you try and call, someone will buy it out from under you before you even get a person on the other end of the phone. In your particular situation with a delivery date later this month, I'd probably recommend just sticking with what you've already ordered unless you happen across some ridiculously good deal in inventory.

Last edited:
is clicking buy the best way? do you just click buy and then cancel existing order? or can you get it on the first order by calling
Click buy. If you’re able to get to the next screen, it holds that car for you while you input your CC and other information. Thats how I am driving my inventory model Y now. Still have my existing reservation, I don’t want to be out $100 may give it away to my sister or see if anyone here in the forum wants it.