Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wind howling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it normal to hear a little bit of wind noise (wind howling) when driving above say 55? Can hear it sometimes when I am driving. Everything seems to be sealed on the driver side. Just want to know if other people experience the same thing.

Is it normal to hear a little bit of wind noise (wind howling) when driving above say 55? Can hear it sometimes when I am driving. Everything seems to be sealed on the driver side. Just want to know if other people experience the same thing.
If you're noticing it, no I wouldn't say it's normal. I really can't tell a difference between 30mph and 90mph. Lots of 3s have had issues with seals. I'd get it checked out. See if you can narrow it down to the area.

You might want to read this existing thread
Wind noise seems somewhat obtrusive

You say “a little bit of wind noise” but you also describe it as “wind howling”.

To me, “a little bit” is not the same as “howling”.

howl·ing
ˈhouliNG/
adjective
  1. 1.
    producing a long, loud, doleful cry or wailing sound.