Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Wheel setup 21" -> 19"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

I have a '19 MS w/ a staggered 21" Twin Turbine setup right now. I plan to purchase 19" rims w/ all season tires in the near future (MD weather...). Do I need to get spacers for the rear tires? Or will a direct swap of all tires with the square 19" setup work fine?

Thanks!
V

I went to 20" setup for the late fall/winter/early spring on my 18 MS... Wheels from model X, staggered (~$800 on Ebay, including TPMS and center caps), painted them OEM grey ($640). Tires Continental DWS 06 245/40/20 F, 275/40/20 R ~$850 after rebate. The whole project cost ~$2300. Direct fit.
The cheapest 19" dedicated winter set,- Rial Lugano/Michelin Alpine 245/45/19 (average at best) off TireRack is around $1800.
Model X wheels have more aggressive offset and look better on the car, imo. If you decide to get original Tesla 19" wheels you won't need anything, only optional lug nuts plastic covers... Hope that helps

Last edited:
original Tesla branded 19" and 21" are easily interchangeable, no spacers or any mods required, people swap all the time, just did mine yesterday

Attachments

• before and after.jpg
    before and after.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 78