Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wrapping / Coating in SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading the boards and picking up my car in 23:30min Ive been seeing alit about wrapping the car. I know about the process, not sure if im going to do it, but are there any recommendations in SoCal for places to do further investigations ?

thx

After reading the boards and picking up my car in 23:30min Ive been seeing alit about wrapping the car. I know about the process, not sure if im going to do it, but are there any recommendations in SoCal for places to do further investigations ?

thx
Sure thing, I decided on the 3M Scotch Guard Pro paint protective film wrap there are only a few recommended installers in the area both in pasadena, I took mine directly to Elevated Auto Concepts as they had the the best shop. Also got 3M Tint and blacked out my chrome and powder-coated my wheels all at one place, I highly recommend them my friends car is there right now getting the paint protective film as well.
I would suggest speaking to Michael the owner, there number is (626)793-7141 address is 621 Walnut St Pasadena CA 91101

Heres a before and after,
BEFORE
View media item 115253
AFTER
View media item 115382View media item 115383View media item 115384

Thx your car is beautiful, ill give them a call. Im in Northridge so they are close.
THANKS, there are lots of wrap companies and materials available but 3m started it all in the 70s with using there wrap on helicopter blades for the military, so I felt they had the highest quality product with the most experience with the material. There are a few other reasons I chose them as well like the top coat care for some of the other films suggest a sealant product be used on a regular basis and looking at the safety sheet for that liquid it was rated LD50 aka highly hazardous to use and not something I wanted to have to do on a regular basis.

Have you been applying the Xpel recommended sealant coatings? That was one of the brands I was thinking of when I mentioned that above. Again FYI they are very hazardous to your health to apply and I figured I didnt want that kinda stuff on my car every 6 months even of someone else was applying it...

thx

70 S owner here… I had my car fully wrapped in Xpel by Benjamin at Bemaro Specialty Films. I can't say enough about what an amazing job he did and how happy I am with his work. I've raved several times in the forums about him. Here's a summary:

1. The wrap has saved me from dings and scratches more times than I can count now. It was expensive, but worth every penny. If you're clumsy like me, I suggest getting a full wrap - I've scraped the underside of my door on the curb and the lift gate on the roof. Opticoat is nice but it wouldn't have done much.

2. There are a lot of places to cut corners. For example, a lot of places use precut patterns, and a lot of these will have trouble covering the entire rear lift gate with one piece. If you don't have a spoiler you will be left with an unsightly seam. Hand cutting is a lot more labor and skill intensive but done properly the results are amazing - you can't even tell the film is there.

3. Benjamin is the meticulous, Jedi Master type of person you want for this job. He'll come to your house and cares more about the job than making a quick buck. I was floored to see him break out bottled water to wet my car - he didn't want mineral contamination from tap water! It's been a while since I looked, but I didn't see a single review on Yelp that wasn't five stars.

Here's some video of him in action:

Good luck!

Reactions: kritlop
Have you been applying the Xpel recommended sealant coatings? That was one of the brands I was thinking of when I mentioned that above. Again FYI they are very hazardous to your health to apply and I figured I didnt want that kinda stuff on my car every 6 months even of someone else was applying it...
I use Jascar Power Lock Sealant, usually wear gloves & try to avoid drinking it ;).

Benjamin from Bemaro Films (BemaroFilms.com) is doing mine as I write this. He's been here for 9 hours so far, and he is meticulous. I washed the car before he came, and spent about an hour looking for flaws (the car has about 150 miles on it), and he's found minute blemishes I was unable to see. His attention to detail is incredible, and at this point, I definitely recommend him. Will post pictures soon...

thx

Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos does top notch work and their customer service is PHENOMENAL! Ask for Bing and you should walk away a happy client :)