Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla charging $6,000 to $6,500 to wrap the truck!!! Yikes. Save your money!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$6,000 to $6,500 for a factory wrap is ridiculous. With this thing having straight as an arrow panels, should be the easiest vehicle in the world to wrap. No curves to deal with, which is the most difficult part of wrapping most vehicles and why places charge so much. But, if you shop around, you can generally find a place to wrap a full regular car (with curves) for under $4,000.

For a Manufacturer, who can produce the wraps in mass numbers to charge this much is just Elon being Elon. His "Because we can" attitude. I would hope people are smart enough to not reward them for that behavior. Tesla should be able to do it for half the price as after-market shops.

If I ever got one of these things, I'd just buy the vinyl and do it myself. I suck at curves when trying to do PPF on my own, but have still been successful at doing so. This thing though, just get a large enough roll of vinyl for less than $100, lay it on and trim the edges.

Or, find a shop near you that will look at it and see how easy it is to wrap and probably charge you $2,500 and have it done in half a day.

Agree with you on the various options. You can get a precut DIY for around $1,600.

Other options I'm collecting:

ProtectaClearProtectaClear® by Everbrite Coatings Restore & Protect Your Tesla Cybertruck from Corrosionhttps://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...steel-factory-finish.12002/page-2#post-239808
ProtectaClearEverbrite Coating paint (via ProtectaClear)Everbrite Restores & Protects Metal from Tarnish, Rust & FadingFAQ thread:https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/protectaclear-cybertruck-faqs-here.12126/
Sheila ShineStainless Steel Polish & Cleaner | Protects Appliances from Fingerprints and Grease Marks | Residue & Streak FreeAmazon.com
CitriSurf® 77 Pluscleaning, rust removal, & passivation of SSCitriSurf® 77 Plus | Stellar Solutions - Stainless Steel PassivationVia Wes TeslaWes tweet: higher PREN (resistance to pitting corrosion) than 316L
Blue Sotch Briteblue non-scratch Scotch Brite pad "
WeimanStainless Steel wipes (vs spray)Stainless Steel WipesAmazon:https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Weiman+Stainless+Steel+Wipes
Adam's Iron RmvrAdam's Polishes Iron RemoverAdam's Iron RemoverAmazon:https://www.amazon.com/Adams-Iron-Remover-16oz-Motorcycle/dp/B07C39H9YX

Matte black looks awesome in person… wouldn’t pay 6000 like the person above said… this vehicle easy to wrap. Someone on this forum has a company in California that will send you the wrap kit for 2000ish… even send you a test film and replacements if you F it up.

Reactions: TessP100D
$6,000 to $6,500 for a factory wrap is ridiculous. With this thing having straight as an arrow panels, should be the easiest vehicle in the world to wrap. No curves to deal with, which is the most difficult part of wrapping most vehicles and why places charge so much. But, if you shop around, you can generally find a place to wrap a full regular car (with curves) for under $4,000.

For a Manufacturer, who can produce the wraps in mass numbers to charge this much is just Elon being Elon. His "Because we can" attitude. I would hope people are smart enough to not reward them for that behavior. Tesla should be able to do it for half the price as after-market shops.

If I ever got one of these things, I'd just buy the vinyl and do it myself. I suck at curves when trying to do PPF on my own, but have still been successful at doing so. This thing though, just get a large enough roll of vinyl for less than $100, lay it on and trim the edges.

Or, find a shop near you that will look at it and see how easy it is to wrap and probably charge you $2,500 and have it done in half a day.

Dude, in case you haven't noticed lately, Tesla is a public company whose objective is to maximize shareholder value. This isn't an "Elon being Elon" thing, he likely had very little to do with this plan or factory wrapping option. If TSLA can make bank wrapping CTs from people who don't know any better or more likely don't care about money all that much (which frankly is most of the early CT buyers anyway), then I'm all for it as a TSLA shareholder.

This isn't a conspiracy, it's a company offering a product for a price they think is fair for a "factory installed" option, and as long as people are willing to pay that price, Tesla will happily supply that service.

This is true. Tesla follows trends online, they saw what people where doing with Cybertrucks online and decided to get into the wrapping business.

Essentially they see things online and then Apple them to their current vehicles. It’s like they can’t design a vehicle after the initial offering

Reactions: TessP100D
are you counting chickens before they're hatched? Keep your hatred in the closet and expand your horizon-Universe is much bigger than Tesla/Elon.

1708895957628.png

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
Dude, in case you haven't noticed lately, Tesla is a public company whose objective is to maximize shareholder value. This isn't an "Elon being Elon" thing, he likely had very little to do with this plan or factory wrapping option. If TSLA can make bank wrapping CTs from people who don't know any better or more likely don't care about money all that much (which frankly is most of the early CT buyers anyway), then I'm all for it as a TSLA shareholder.

This isn't a conspiracy, it's a company offering a product for a price they think is fair for a "factory installed" option, and as long as people are willing to pay that price, Tesla will happily supply that service.
FACTS. ☝️

We charge less. We have two facilities (Los Angeles / Atlanta) and charge a fair price compared to Tesla. And we've been around for over 10+ years.

Over a dozen colors of wrapped Cybertrucks right here. And for those who prefer to do it themselves....plethora of colors right here: Tesla Cybertruck DIY Color Change Vinyl Wrap & PPF Kits

INOZETEK SUPER GLOSS BLACKOUT
1709004971918.png

3M MATTE DARK GREY
1709004990908.png

INOZETEK SPECTRUM
1709005029456.png

TMAXX SATIN PAINT PROTECTION FILM
1709005055039.png

Last edited:

Not really.
I shopped (for other cars), and the going rate for quality workmanship and materials is ~$500/panel. Or $5-7K for the whole car.
$6,500 from factory is not a great deal, but it's not terrible either.

The first paintless vehicle and yet everyone falling over themselves to wrap it.

Because no-one actually asked for a fridge look. Other then Elon.

Why would you wrap a stainless steel truck.

To make it look good!
Well, at least a little better ;-)

a

Reactions: Premiertint