Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: 2021-2022 Model S Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking to buy a 2021-2022 Model S Refresh. I’ve seen a few in the 64-66K range on CarGurus with low miles. Looking for one with higher miles in the $55K range. The closer to SoCal the better. Text or call me at 619-851-1566. Thanks guys.

I’m looking to buy a 2021-2022 Model S Refresh. I’ve seen a few in the 64-66K range on CarGurus with low miles. Looking for one with higher miles in the $55K range. The closer to SoCal the better. Text or call me at 619-851-1566. Thanks guys.
I am also looking for a 2020 S, but hard to find one at $55K without issues. What happened with your hunt?

I'm looking for one in the 50k range, as well. I suspect even low mileage ones will be there soon. With Project Highland around the corner, I have a weird feeling a lot of people are going to drop their model s interest and get into a new model 3. By the Fall time, low mileage model s refreshed cars will be low 50s if interest rates hold where they are today IMO

eeek, hopefully not. I've seen most stay in that high 60s to mid 70s range. It's adjusted significantly since the beginning of the year where used ones were same price as new.
There are a couple available for $64K to $66K right now and haven’t sold despite being priced there for 2+ weeks. The white one in FL sold for $63.5K plus fees. So full dealer retail is currently somewhere in the low to mid 60’s.

On the wholesale side, two refresh long ranges recently sold in the mid to high 50’s at Manheim.

Reactions: morbidz
If I may chime in as the owner of a small EV dealership who obsessively checks Manheim countless times a day looking for inventory, I'm not quite sure your data is totally correct.

At this very moment, the lowest priced refresh S has a $61k buy it now, but this car has frame damage.

The next lowest price refresh has a starting bid of $60k and a buy it now of $70k. This car is salvaged.

The next lowest priced refresh has a starting bid of $70k. This car is a clean title no accident vehicle. This is currently the cheapest clean title refresh S available wholesale through Manheim OVE nationwide.

On the retail side, the cheapest refresh S listed on Cars.com is at $69,000 and the lowest on CarGurus is $69,969.

Just want to make sure people know the current market value of these cars. At the moment it's still somewhere in the low to mid $70's with standard mileage.

There is currently a refreshed 2021 Model S, Blue with Black int, 32k miles for sale at Premier Ford of Lamesa (Texas) for $65,986.

If you can be patient, the prices are going to continue to drop. Pressure is building on dealers with floor plans being pulled and buyers nowhere to be found. Prices are just going to continue to drop.

Reactions: tjkenny15
There is currently a refreshed 2021 Model S, Blue with Black int, 32k miles for sale at Premier Ford of Lamesa (Texas) for $65,986.

If you can be patient, the prices are going to continue to drop. Pressure is building on dealers with floor plans being pulled and buyers nowhere to be found. Prices are just going to continue to drop.

Yeah saw that one but they didn't have pictures yet so I didn't want to assume it was a refresh. Checking the Carfax now does indicate it should be a refresh however.

I can confirm it is a refresh, I'm too new this site to send you the pics they sent me. I was considering it, but decided to keep my existing Model Y order instead. They sent me a video and pics, but I don't know how to send to you. It was still available as of about 5:00 today.

I can confirm it is a refresh, I'm too new this site to send you the pics they sent me. I was considering it, but decided to keep my existing Model Y order instead. They sent me a video and pics, but I don't know how to send to you. It was still available as of about 5:00 today.

How did it look in the pictures?

It's been sold by 2 different owners in just over a year and less than 6000 miles. I wonder what kind of problems it has that Tesla SC's can't fix that caused it to change hands so quickly and then be sold basically at scrap prices? At $65K asking price by a dealer, the previous owner probably only got $50 - 55K for trade in.

Last edited:
Reactions: morbidz
Let me see if it will let me attach pics. These are the pics they sent me.

Image1.jpeg

Attachments

• Image0.jpeg
    Image0.jpeg
    716.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Image2.jpeg
    Image2.jpeg
    698.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Image3.jpeg
    Image3.jpeg
    769.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Image4.jpeg
    Image4.jpeg
    429 KB · Views: 53
  • Image5.jpeg
    Image5.jpeg
    414.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Image6.jpeg
    Image6.jpeg
    386.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Image7.jpeg
    Image7.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Image8.jpeg
    Image8.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Image9.jpeg
    Image9.jpeg
    510.4 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: TLLMRRJ
The reason I decided to pass on the car and keep my Model Y order was, the price when this car was originally sold before options was $79990. I just feel like the prices are going to drop faster on these than they are on the Model Y which has gotten a 15k price drop in the last 6 months. I may be wrong, but that's what made me change my mind and stick with my current order.

If you can look beyond the price of the car only, the refreshed S is a much better car than the Y. My S was more efficient, faster, more comfortable and looked a thousand times better than my Y. The car has a ton of room and with the hatch, almost as versatile as the Y. Even though Tesla neutered the acceleration, the MS LR is still a very quick car and supercar quick.

The base MY LR is downright slow by Tesla standards and never felt very impressive to me. I had it for about a day or two and added acceleration boost to it. If you step up to the MYP, then you have decent acceleration (at least to 60 where it sort of fizzles out) but you get the curb rash magnet Uber wheels. Keep in mind all 2023 Teslas you lose the parking sensors and I think they take a step backwards in an area that most people would agree with.

The $79k was the original price if you ordered it early 2021. Drive an S locally and see what you think. For only a 10-15k price difference I wouldn't even remotely consider a Y.

If you can look beyond the price of the car only, the refreshed S is a much better car than the Y. My S was more efficient, faster, more comfortable and looked a thousand times better than my Y. The car has a ton of room and with the hatch, almost as versatile as the Y. Even though Tesla neutered the acceleration, the MS LR is still a very quick car and supercar quick.

The base MY LR is downright slow by Tesla standards and never felt very impressive to me. I had it for about a day or two and added acceleration boost to it. If you step up to the MYP, then you have decent acceleration (at least to 60 where it sort of fizzles out) but you get the curb rash magnet Uber wheels. Keep in mind all 2023 Teslas you lose the parking sensors and I think they take a step backwards in an area that most people would agree with.

The $79k was the original price if you ordered it early 2021. Drive an S locally and see what you think. For only a 10-15k price difference I wouldn't even remotely consider a Y.
Appreciate all the info in this thread and the other one. When you look at current Model S Refresh pricing, it’s hard to justify the Long Range compared to the Plaid. With some hard haggling, I think I could get a Long Range right now for about 64-65K but it wouldn’t have FSD and maybe not even the Arachnids. On the other hand, if you play your cards right, you could potentially snag a Plaid with FSD and Arachnids for $80K or so. The Plaid is by far the better bang for the buck. You see the 21’s and FSD on the Plaid so much more frequently than you do on the LR, presumably because the people who tended to order the Plaid were more ballers than those who bought the LR. So they fully optioned out their Plaids whereas not a lot of LR owners did the same…

Appreciate all the info in this thread and the other one. When you look at current Model S Refresh pricing, it’s hard to justify the Long Range compared to the Plaid. With some hard haggling, I think I could get a Long Range right now for about 64-65K but it wouldn’t have FSD and maybe not even the Arachnids. On the other hand, if you play your cards right, you could potentially snag a Plaid with FSD and Arachnids for $80K or so. The Plaid is by far the better bang for the buck. You see the 21’s and FSD on the Plaid so much more frequently than you do on the LR, presumably because the people who tended to order the Plaid were more ballers than those who bought the LR. So they fully optioned out their Plaids whereas not a lot of LR owners did the same…
Do you REALLY like the arachnids that much? I'd make that my lowest priority. There are so many better/nicer 21" wheels if you really want to go with 21's. I'm sure you understand the range hit, the accelerated inside rear tire wear due to the excessive negative camber and other potential downsides to 21'a on the car. Those are the objective problems with the 21's.

Subjectively I think the 21's look far better on the car. A good looking set of 21's (Signature SV303 or SV104) look far better than the arachnids and weigh a lot less so some definite performance benefits there. Having said that, I had the black factory aero wheel covers on my LR and my initial plan was to swap them out. I went so far as to even buy 20" wheels (think Signature) which I thought would be the perfect compromise.

I have to say that the aero wheel covers grew on me so much over time that I never swapped them out before getting the Plaid. It was hard to argue with getting an easy 350+ mile range on a hot Texas day with the AC driving 70+ mph. There is something to be said for that and their ability to survive curbs and potholes. OTOH the 21" Signatures look drop dead gorgeous on the car and ride a lot better than I thought they would. I can definitely say that I'd never order the arachnids, or the max wheel size available from Tesla. The only larger wheels I'd consider from Tesla would be the ones as part of the Track Pack. Those 20" wheels look pretty nice and are light weight.

As for FSD, if you can get it for free, or almost free (less than 2-3k) I'd take. I used it for a while and it didn't really add any value for me. I'll just rent it for the few times I might actually be able to take advantage of it. I drove with it for thousands of miles and can't say I was impressed with it and added very little value over AP for me. Maybe the latest version is better.

LR vs Plaid is an easy one. If you can get a clean, not abused, Plaid I'd go with it if the price delta was about 10-15k. I am sure some of the early ones were likely hammered a lot. You can always dial down the performance of the Plaid but no boost or dialing up the power on the LR. Even more of an issue for me as I've mentioned that the refreshed LRs never even run their claimed times. So if you value performance from a dig, the Plaid is the only S to buy. If you want quick 0-60, and not a Plaid, buy the M3P since it will smoke the LR pretty much any day 0-60.

In your case, I just haggle hard and get any Plaid that wasn't beat up as cheap as you could. Buy some nice aftermarket wheels (21's if you want) and subscribe to FSD (unless you can get FSD almost free).

Reactions: Deaf Paul