Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: Model 3 Winter Wheel / Tire Set

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mounting and unmounting the wheels is not a good thing. If you have all wheel drive and aren't an avid skier you should be able to get away with all seasons.
My first car was a RWD Model S and I swapped the tires/wheels twice a year.

Note: I do have the ability to WFH at any time, so I generally avoid commuting in bad weather, but I have been to northern NH in the snow with AWD.

Mounting and unmounting the wheels is not a good thing. If you have all wheel drive and aren't an avid skier you should be able to get away with all seasons.
My first car was a RWD Model S and I swapped the tires/wheels twice a year.

Note: I do have the ability to WFH at any time, so I generally avoid commuting in bad weather, but I have been to northern NH in the snow with AWD.
Can I use the stock TPMS with the new set of wheels or need to buy new sensors?

Can I use the stock TPMS with the new set of wheels or need to buy new sensors?
You'd need new sensors. The TPMS sensors are inside the rim; you can't get them out without removing the tire, which defeats the purpose of a second set of rims. You could get a set of non-Tesla wheels with snows mounted and balanced with a new set of sensors from Tire Rack, but Tesla service probably won't touch non-standard wheels (if you plan to have them do the changeover).

Reactions: kayak1
I have a set of TSW Chicane 19x8.5" wheels with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3's available for sale that I had on my Model X for two seasons.

EDIT: Here's a link showing them mounted on a Model 3 - so it seems likely they would work out!

I loved the wheels, and the tires were insane in terms of their grip. They were definitely noisy compared to all seasons.

Not sure if these would fit the Model 3 (they might) - I defer to others with more knowledge to confirm (I could find out if interested).

Here's my favorite picture with them mounted :)

IMG_0219.jpg

I picked up 4 18" Premium parts and accessories for Tesla vehicles – Martian Wheels for our Model Y, ordered 4 TPM sensors from Tesla.
I ordered 4 Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 Studded from the local tire shop. When they arrived I had them install the TPMS and mount the tires.

Last winter I swapped over to the tires, the car auto learned about the swap. In the spring I swapped back and again the car figured out what tire was in which location.

The Model Y makes it really very easy.

I have a set of TSW Chicane 19x8.5" wheels with Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3's available for sale that I had on my Model X for two seasons.

EDIT: Here's a link showing them mounted on a Model 3 - so it seems likely they would work out!

I loved the wheels, and the tires were insane in terms of their grip. They were definitely noisy compared to all seasons.

Not sure if these would fit the Model 3 (they might) - I defer to others with more knowledge to confirm (I could find out if interested).

Here's my favorite picture with them mounted :)

View attachment 717875
FYI: I'm now told these wheels will NOT fit a Model 3 - but will fit a Model S.