Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WTB: Tesla Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! This is my first post on here, but I’ve been a lurker for a long time. I’ve been looking online for a Model 3 Performance for a while and have had several cars get “grabbed” out from under me recently. It’s been frustrating to say the least, especially after paying for pre-purchase inspections and basically losing that money.

Anyways, I’m looking for a M3 Performance, preferably in white or blue. Definitely not black or dark gray. Interior could be either white or black. Will be getting FSD, so if it comes with it then that’ll be a bonus. Also bonus is ceramic window tint and paint protection film. Prefer the full Performance package but will consider stealth (non-PUP) if the price is right. Looking to buy used from private party to save on AZ taxes (no sales tax on private party transactions). Car could be anywhere, I’ll ship it back to my house in AZ but a driveable distance from AZ would be great.

Thanks for any leads you may have! :)

Chuck

Just curious, what do you mean by pre-purchase inspections? Like you pay a 3rd party to check the car? What would they even check on a model 3?

Yes, mostly it’s to determine that the car is legit/as advertised. Since I can’t see/drive the car in person myself if I live in AZ and the car is in Illinois, this is a necessary expense if I want to avoid getting scammed. It depends on the site that you find the listing on......some are more foolproof than others and provide buyer protection.

Can't you buy a fully loaded brand new P3D for 60k with tax credits?
Doesn't seem used ones are much less maybe 55k

I priced out a new one (minus FSD) and it is $65,675.90 with taxes. Subtract the tax credit and it's $61925.90.

You're right, many folks seem to be pricing their cars well inside of the range where it might make more sense to get a new car instead. I'm a bit on the fence about it, and a lot of used cars have some expensive things added that I'm going to get done anyway (tint, PPF, FSD upgrade). For instance, I just missed a sale on a mint Performance with FSD for 56k. That's more than $10,000 less than if I were to buy new.

I priced out a new one (minus FSD) and it is $65,675.90 with taxes. Subtract the tax credit and it's $61925.90.

You're right, many folks seem to be pricing their cars well inside of the range where it might make more sense to get a new car instead. I'm a bit on the fence about it, and a lot of used cars have some expensive things added that I'm going to get done anyway (tint, PPF, FSD upgrade). For instance, I just missed a sale on a mint Performance with FSD for 56k. That's more than $10,000 less than if I were to buy new.

Do you not have to pay tax on a used car in Arizona? You just mentioned that a "new one with taxes" was 65,675.90. That 56k car would also cost you taxes, right? It would be closer to 60k after taxes... right?

I suppose it cost me 13 hours of driving?

Attachments

• 12AC29BB-87FD-4415-AAFF-4E4BCD227A83.jpeg
    12AC29BB-87FD-4415-AAFF-4E4BCD227A83.jpeg
    604.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Love
Reactions: byeLT4