Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Stealth PPF finished product?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello and sorry to repeat this if it has been done before. I am picking up my MYP next month and want to do full stealth ppf. I am looking ONLY for people that have done this on their MYs - and which companies you are happy with their finished product. Thanks for your time.

Just finished mine...STEK Matte PPF, it is already infused with a hyrdophobic coating so water and dirt just rinses right off.

1643661570961.png

For those of you that have Matte PPF, did you also get ceramic coating on top?
I am getting STEK Dynomatt in a few weeks, which has hydrophobic properties but I know it will wear off after a year or two.

Also, how often do you wash?
I have STEK Dynomatt...its been about 6 months now. As for washing, I hardly even 'wash' it. I just used distilled water with some ONR and wipe down the car, and use a clean MF towel to dry it after. Only if it is extremely soiled do i even bother using car wash soap. Best investment ever IMO :)

Reactions: thebarold
For those of you that have Matte PPF, did you also get ceramic coating on top?
I am getting STEK Dynomatt in a few weeks, which has hydrophobic properties but I know it will wear off after a year or two.

Also, how often do you wash?
I got xpel stealth with ceramic pro on top. Have only washed once. Not as easy to care for as I had hoped. If there is better I am interested...

• Informative
Reactions: hellobye
What part is not easy to care for that you are having issues with?
I guess i was hoping it could be easier to hose down - i was told i could take it to a touchless wash but did my first wash by hand and still see that i missed spots. When i first got it the water beaded really well (rain) but if it dries there the dirt in the water sort of get baked in…. I will try the ONR and distilled wayer to see if its easier than pulling out the pressure washer and foam canon.

I guess i was hoping it could be easier to hose down - i was told i could take it to a touchless wash but did my first wash by hand and still see that i missed spots. When i first got it the water beaded really well (rain) but if it dries there the dirt in the water sort of get baked in…. I will try the ONR and distilled wayer to see if its easier than pulling out the pressure washer and foam canon.
Hard water could also play a factor in ease of washing. I have very hard water in my area, which is why i used distilled water...difference is night and day.

Hard water could also play a factor in ease of washing. I have very hard water in my area, which is why i used distilled water...difference is night and day.
I use a rv water filter be for my hose. I have hard water. The concrete gets spots on it. But I don’t think that mine had a hydrophobic propet to it. But my ceramic max does just fine.

Roughly how much are your guys paying for it. I'm interested in it but of course cost is always a factor. I've ppfed the front but to always annoyed me that the back half suffered from random micro scratches. Not an issue if I had white but I have the blue so it shows up more.