Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

XPEL Wrap SF Bay Area, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had mine done at Invisiguard in San Carlos last year. He will probably the lowest cost shop for PPF in the area, but he does save on cost by using pre-cut kits for certain areas and cutting around emblems. At less than half the price of the bigger shops, I was okay with that since I can't really tell unless I get up close. There is also a group buy we setup for Model 3 that you could join if you're interested. If cost is not a concern, definitely check out OCDetailing in Fremont, a lot of people have gone there and have been happy with the results.

• Informative
Reactions: bayx
Hi. I got my husband's car done by Supreme Detailworks (Charcot Ave. San Jose) in March. And we are very impressed and happy with the work. After calling and visiting multiple shops, my final decision was between OCDetailing and Supreme. If you have time I suggest visiting the shops and checking out their current works and what their whole process is like. I have heard a lot of good things about OCD but they were about $3000 more than Supreme for what I wanted done. But this price difference might also be because they are doing extra stuff (like coating the interior of the car and adding a layer of Opti-Coat on the wrap itself). I believe OCD bundles their packages whereas Supreme is more a la carte.

I got the Suntek PPF matte wrap for the whole car, tinted all the windows and windshield, chrome delete, and powder coated the rims. The cost was $10,350.

But if you just want just the wrap the quote I received from OCD was $8000 vs $6800 (not incl. tax).

I have attached some pics.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20180624_102839.jpg
    MVIMG_20180624_102839.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_20180329_193337.jpg
    IMG_20180329_193337.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_20180329_190757.jpg
    IMG_20180329_190757.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 431
Reactions: bayx and dlsspy
I received the following quotes during the month of July 2018:
  • OCD and Supreme - $7500-8000 full wrap but does not include paint correction. If you are getting paint correction and ceramic coat then it will close to $10K. Chrome delete was $1100-$1800 quoted.
  • SS Customs - "come by and let's talk about your project and we can show you options" which I took as >$7500
  • Wheel Xperts Group Buy - Tesla Group Buy
I opted for the group buy - full Xpel stealth wrap, paint correction, and Ceramic Pro Gold. As you can see on the price list the total is far less than wrap only from the above high installers. Of course my expectation is not that I am getting 100% of the same workmanship but at that price, I think it's a great compromise. Will report back later this week when wrap is done. Also I opted out of Chrome delete since it does not last as long as body wrap without extra care. I have the deep metallic blue so chrome looks ok with it too.

Wow! Prices have gone up in just a few months! I also got a quote from Wheel Xperts but their price was so low (almost 50% from others). Upon further research, I found there are kits and custom hand cut wraps. Also, make sure to ask about paint correction. Our car was not "brand new". It was some kind of executive loaner with 1900 miles on it so there were already very light scuffs. James from Supreme told me it took extra time to do the paint correction.

We live in the Bay Area where hourly rates are expensive. So the prices reflect that. So visit the shops and ask them what their process entails. This will give you an idea how many hours they put in your vehicle.

Does Ceramic Pro protect the paint from door dings and things like that? It can't protect from rock chips apparently, but wondering if it does protect the paint from door dings, shopping carts, etc?

It won’t. It will just protect against light scratches. Even Xpel won’t help with severe dings or carts, but it will certainly help lessen the potential damage.

• Informative
How long does a ceramic coating last? Weeks, months or years?
Depends on the coating you get. I got gtechniq CSL + EXO and that is warrantied for 5 years. You still have to take care of it though. Every few weeks when you wash your cash, you should apply an SiO2 spray like ech2o + reload or something to help renew the coating. Cleaning the car is a joke though. It's very easy to wipe off anything because of the coating. It's great.

using a template isn't the worst idea. they can still wrap the edges, they just print a slightly bigger template. if it saves on labor costs, go ahead. i get nervous when people take razor blades to my paint haha (like they do with a free cut).

SS Customs did the full Clear Bra. 6600$. They take the car for a week.

I also did the Red Calipers, ceramic tint and Powder coated wheels. It all came to $8700.
Also they don't use pre-cut. They are pretty packed and require a deposit to hold the reservation.

• Informative
if all the edges are wrapped how do you know if they used a precut kit or free cut?
My guess is most people cannot tell. Wrapped and hand cut just sounds better to people. I think it comes down to quality of installation. As long as pre-cut, non-wrapped panels go close to the edge as possible, I wonder how many people can tell the difference.

I feel like a lot of installers will wrap what they can, but unless they take panels/pieces off of the car, I don't see how they're going to wrap most of the edges on the tesla.

Up to personal preference really. Just ask to see the shop's work and you can decide for yourself. And if you check out a shop's work, you need to see it in person! I doubt you'll be able to spot any edges in a picture of the car even just a few feet away.

^^^+1

I've seen precut installations that are just right and some installations that end a couple of fingers before the edge.

The issue with the former is, the installation has to be perfect. The smallest flaw will show in multiple places. At least that was the reasoning I used to go with hand cut.

Last edited: